Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my wife was driving the car back from class and was sideswiped by another driver. Posting this up now as I finally have the police report from it.
Turns out the guy was drunk. For some reason he relapsed after 18 months of being sober. Anyway this guy pushed my wife off the road and scratched up the whole drivers side of our car pretty good. My wife didn't panic and followed the guy and managed to get a partial plate number which allowed the police to find the car and driver a week later.
The guy wasn't home, but his wife was. She found him passed out drunk in the car in the front lawn of their house and she took him to an inpatient detox facility. Cops went there to talk to him but he cannot recall even how he got to the detox facility.
They cited him for several offenses and we got the insurance info. All good so far. Best thing is this guy didn't kill anyone. There is nothing I despise more than drunk drivers!

·
The Pace
6,933 Posts
omg, my stomach turned. Just terrible. ok, wife not injured, so at least the starting point is positive. Still, though, unless used to crashing like us dirt riders, kinda hard to shake off a crash for awhile. I would keep that in mind for a few months.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,623 Posts
Dude, you seem to have the worst luck. So glad it turned out as good as it did and your wife was unscathed. That's got to be scary though. Hope the insurance works out for you and the guy stays off the road permanently.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude, you seem to have the worst luck. So glad it turned out as good as it did and your wife was unscathed. That's got to be scary though. Hope the insurance works out for you and the guy stays off the road permanently.
No worse than anyone else.... except we do live in the bad part of town where the chances are higher for that sort of thing. Anyway, worst luck would be if my wife got hurt. It's good luck actually that the cops found the guy.

Only two more weeks though and we are moved out of the ghetto and into the upscale part of town. Now I'll have a garage to rebuild my classic firebirds...lol, a study for graduate school, and a nice backyard to relax in. :)

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Glad she wasn't hurt. Her or anyone else. I hate a drunk driver too. So many people killed or maimed each year by such an unnecessary thing.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I myself drink, so I don't have an issue with it, but when you put other peoples lives in danger, that's unacceptable. One of my friends employees killed someone this weekend because he was drinking and driving! No sympathy for him! I'm glad your wife is ok!!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Last week my wife was driving the car back from class and was sideswiped by another driver. Posting this up now as I finally have the police report from it.
Turns out the guy was drunk. For some reason he relapsed after 18 months of being sober. Anyway this guy pushed my wife off the road and scratched up the whole drivers side of our car pretty good. My wife didn't panic and followed the guy and managed to get a partial plate number which allowed the police to find the car and driver a week later.
The guy wasn't home, but his wife was. She found him passed out drunk in the car in the front lawn of their house and she took him to an inpatient detox facility. Cops went there to talk to him but he cannot recall even how he got to the detox facility.
They cited him for several offenses and we got the insurance info. All good so far. Best thing is this guy didn't kill anyone. There is nothing I despise more than drunk drivers!
Very fortunate. Insurance should take care of your car of course. It's all about people and there are a few who just don't pay attention. Drunks are awful but so are those who text or blabber on handheld phones, or just go around looking for trouble.

But that's how it is, right? We choose to ride regardless. Many of us ride way faster than is safe. It's all about risk. So this time the odds were overall in your favor and we hope that continues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts