Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was on my way to work yesterday around 1330 when a lifted duramax blew a stop sign right in front of me. i tried to slow down and avoid him but their was no time, ended up smacking into his truck. i was wearing all my gear boots, helmet, and jacket still was taken to the hospital with a dislocated shoulder and coller bone and ended up tearing something, find out more on monday when i go back. while i was in the hospital a state trooper stopped by to give me the report, see how i was doing, and to let me know that the driver of the truck was intoxicated at the time of the accident. one of my co workers picked my bike up for me looked better in the pics he sent me then it did when i showed up at his house. ripped the frame slider out of the frame and belive that its cracked around the area cant tell forsure, we got the bike to start but oil pressure light will not go out. all in all it could have been worse then it was so im thankful for that

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,040 Posts
Sucks to hear. The oil pump has likely lost its prime when it was on its side for an extended period. But if the slider ripped out of the frame and its cracked, the bike is totaled. Hopefully you have insurance and you can go after the other driver for damages.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Damn thats a sumbitch. Glad you made it out alive though, hopefully it all works out pretty easily for you to get the bike situation and your medical expenses handled. Best of luck and a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Damn drunk drivers! Hopefully he had insurance & your bike is taken care of by the time you heal up. Speedy recovery to you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we both had insurance and i already reported it they should be out here on monday after my doctors appointment. guess ill be in the market for a gen3 or 4 once i recover

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Really sucks man. Glad you're ok though, because that could have been way worse if it happened just a couple seconds later.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. ill try not to worry about the bike but its hard just sitting at home with nothing to do but look at new ones online all day

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

:) glad you are ok! but this is posted in the fallen riders section..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
then i saw your new bike... fckin nice! i love that all black bike!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts