Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding the bike for a while, I hear a hissing coming from the gas cap while the bike is sitting. I checked to make sure it was all the way seated, but it doesn't sit exactly flush. :dontknow: What do you suppose the hissing is from?

BTW this is my first post on this forum and I have had the bike for 2 days now!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
They all do it, it's pressure buildup in the tank pushing past the rubber seal, nothing to worry about. If you take it out of the garage when cold and park it in the sun it'll do the same thing.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Zygoat

Welcome to 10r land :thumbsup:

Your right the cap does not sit flat/flush with the filler neck so not to worry, and as for the hissing noise thats your bike letting you know that it knows your a new registered 10r.net member and to beware of Andy. :wink: :lol:

BD

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Just to make sure you feel alright about this, just like everyone else said its totaly normal. Thats the bike telling you that your really not done riding yet.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
SP8 said:
When that happens, I just open the gas cap. You'll hear a swoosh sound, and then close it. Hissing all gone.
Don't fall for this Zygoat, all that pressure will make it blow up in your face.
SP8 told me the same thing-I spent 3 months in the hospital after having a complete face reconstruction. Damn I hope that insurance check gets here soon!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yep, its totally normal. My '99 and '95 zx-9's both made noise from the gas cap. Not a hiss but a very obnoxious high pitch whining noise, kinda' like the mosquito that gets into your bedroom at 3AM and drives you nuts.

off topic but................what the hell is with those mosquitos?....You turn the light on, find em', take a shot at them and they go into hyperspace or something. Sure enough, turn the light off again and they're baaaaack!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You could live in Maine, with the Blackflies :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Y'all are awesome. :wink: I never experienced that hissing before so I'm glad to know that it is normal!!

What a sweet bike this has been. I bought a blue one... I love it!

Can't wait to get her broken in. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Zygoat said:
.......Can't wait to get her broken in. :mrgreen:
Hahahaha, have you taken it up to redline, or anywhere near it yet? If not, you're in for a surprise :eyecrazy: . If this is your 1st litebike, bring fresh skivvies, or dont go too far from the house :badteeth: :badteeth:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gladding24 said:
Hahahaha, have you taken it up to redline, or anywhere near it yet? If not, you're in for a surprise :eyecrazy: . If this is your 1st litebike, bring fresh skivvies, or dont go too far from the house :badteeth: :badteeth:
LOL

I owned a 929 before, so this is not my first liter bike. But I'll be respectin' her, that's for sure. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts