Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been so busy with work this summer and have had almost no time to ride so I am planning on taking a weekend ride to Arkansas and riding up there, Hill Country Texas is as close, thinking about going and riding there as well. I have never been, whats it like?
Most of the stuff I found on the net is geared tword the cruiser type touring and they of course rate Hill Counrty as very twisty and curvy.
Any feedback from anyone that lives around there or rides there regularly?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Hit the 3 twisted sisters! 335,336,337!
I've been there 3 times!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hey man we have some good roads here in Austin....Lots of scenery....twisties...etc...

I guarantee you will have fun here.....However....when my girl and I went to Mountain View Ark...in May....I must say that was better...

However....I would love to see your scooters in person man....COME TO ATX

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Shreveport/Bossier, but grew up in Sprigfield Mo, so I travel through Ark quite often, it is the best kept sportbike secret in the country, roads as good as the gap with out all the crowds. I try and ride Ark every year.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hill Country is ok, but AR is better. I rode the southern part of hill country starting in Uvalde, through Bandera, and going up to Fredericks then over to Austin and back down to San Antonio. It was good to do once.

I can do the Ozarks over and over.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yea...if there was some thing as far as "Jobs" go....then I would pack and move to Mt. View....everything was so peacful and simple there. It was like stepping back in time....every one was polite..and mannerly....I've never really seen such a thing.

We rented a cabin for like $75 night there.....Pinewood cabins...It had a kitchen...bathroom...living room...bedroom with a king bed and jaquzi.

However....if you want some good roads with 100+ temps come to ATX.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will try and do both before the summer is up

·
Registered
241 Posts
come on to austin lets ride ill buy some beerand well make it a party... i used to live in mandeville, la
theres about 20 full trails to hit on austinsbr.com they map out all of the routes i went on one today and had a fing blast

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Speakin of hill country, where's hillcountry been?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Ninny

·
Registered
241 Posts
i perfer park road 4 or city park rd and 2222 over lime creek i just wnet out to lime creek yestuirday and its really rough since that repave its like it still hasnt set but i was sscraping knees on pr4 plus 1

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
hillcountry area is great roads, between west of austin and san antonio its a field day of twisties, good paved road, and generally little to no cop patrol. its been a few years since i lived there but will say you will enjoy it. Also, head further west to Big Bend National Park if you want even more scenery.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Missed this thread 9R, been studying too much I guess lol. Basically what everybody else said, but add the heat we have here too. Not trying to drive you away,
just giving you the heads up. I'd love to see your bikes as well.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It's ok riding but I wouldn't rank it anything near Deals Gap ha ha, fair curves, but somewhat bumpy, chip seal roads that tend to get greasy in hot weather.....it's 100 today..and most days. It's a decent ride but let someone know where your going, I have SHIT cell phone service in the area, the traffic is fairly light so if you mess it up you might be laying there a while, plan your route and don't run out of gas, top off early, watch out for deer, you'll enjoy it just don't push yourself, some of the corners are decreasing and you don't want to dump it alone.

Here's a link that has some videos..not me, but it will give you a idea, 1st vid is a slower pace about 9 post down is a idea of what it like if you ride it often.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429&highlight=335

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429&highlight=fm+337

Here's a good route

Attachments

Reactions: 9R to 10R

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
I talked to him for a while the other night. He's busy with his 2 babys. Said he was about to sell the 10.
shucks, that's tough. I wish him well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts