1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Greetings from Portugal!:eek:ccasion1

I'de like to know if anyone can help me with the following problem:

I can't actuate the highbeam headlight on my '05 ZX10R. I've already checked the switch and passing button contacts, the plugs, and, of course, the bulb. Everything looks to be okay, and I'm starting to be out of ideas. I also suspect that it might be a problem with any relay that might exist... I know that there's a relay box under the driver's seat...

Might this relay box be the origin of the problem?:dontknow:

Is there any other relay that's only for high beam lights?:dontknow:

Please help me out on this...

Thanks in advance!:wink:

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
There is a relay, but it's in the circuit before the high beam selector switch, so if the low beam works, that cannot be the problem.

Where in the circuit are you getting power when high beam is selected? The circuit is common up to the high beam switch, and it is one wire (in the harness) from there to the bulb, so there isn't a whole lot to it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i would check the resistance of the bulb. I have seen bulbs that looked fine, but still ddn't work.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
check the owner manual and see what it says to troubleshoot that...

if you do a search you can download the manual for your bike....

thats what i did when my headlights were experiencing issues..

·
Registered
772 Posts
ok, if you tested the bulb, then have you tested to see if there is power at the socket.

you need to isolate the problem and do what GoFaster suggested, test power after selector switch and again at the bulb socket. we know that power is getting through the relay and to the selector because the low beam works.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Maybe it's the actual switch or a cut cable in there.... Is the tip swicth for the high beams working?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts