Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get them? Not the ceramic bearings. They are to much maint.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Yup... dem are the ones I have. Ask Robin how much easier they spun. He was in shock.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
ballsup said:
Does anyone know where I can get them? Not the ceramic bearings. They are to much maint.
There is no need to specify any unusual speed rating for motorcycle wheel bearings.

Motorcycles use standard off-the-shelf deep groove ball bearings as wheel bearings. The standard versions of those bearings have speed ratings that exceed the highest possible wheel rotation speed by a huge margin.

Any industrial supply place can get equivalent deep-groove ball bearings, in any seal configuration you'd like. Personally, in the interest of longevity, I stick with the standard DD contact-type rubber seals.

This has been posted and extensively discussed before.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Balls is wanting the low resistance seal type. He's still chasing after Pesky's R1.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
oneradten said:
do you have front and rear ? and how much $$ ? can u feel the difference?
I have both. spinning th estock bearing and the low resistance one by hand (out of the wheel) there is a huge difference. Spinning the wheel on the bike there is less of a difference. Actual real world results... wasn't enough to make up for my gut.

I'd only do it again if I needed bearings or if you're at the cutting edge of the bikes performance and need a little more.

don't remeber cost. seams like it was in the $50 range. I saw a post that they went up though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts