Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys:

I have been using this stuff for years...started in airplanes and approved by the FAA.

http://www.microlon.com/detail.asp?product_id=ILM08

$29.95

Put a can (8 oz) in the 10 this afternoon and HOLY SH*T, it now really goes like HELL. You put 2 oz in the gas tank...

Went off with some Gixxers and blew them off so bad, they were shaking their heads when they pulled up at the next signal...

·
Registered
421 Posts
SO you put 2 oz in the gas and 8 oz in the motor?

Does it make any difference with it just in the motor? And not the tank.

I've been looking for something to stabilize the oil a little.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, dude...2 oz in the gas tank and the remaining 6 oz in the oil...total is 8 oz.

This stuff does NOT stabilize the oil...it is not a friction reducer, per se...it microscopicly fills in pores in the metal in your engine...

I'll give you an example...I had an old Nissan pick up and the synchros were shot in first to second gear...I put a can of this stuff in the transmission (the transmission additive) and after about an hour of running, the tranny shifted like butter...made an incredible difference...

·
Registered
421 Posts
ok 6oz in the motor.

Like I siad I've been looking for an additive for the oil. A friend of mine puts that super lube stuff you see in the autostores with the little gear setup, with regular oil on the opposite side. I just haven't heard of anyone else using it in their bikes, so I'm not putting it in mine.

But this stuff seems more in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
ummm..

I don't know.

Surprised at your post.

You were faster than other bikes just just an oil and gas additive?

Why wouldn't ever bike have this stuff?

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
all this from a can?

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
can we get a group buy going?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Sounds cool man maybe I will thrown some in her next oil change. Should be in another 500 miles.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You don't need to wait....stuff gets fully distributed very quickly...then the excess goes with the oil change....

You riding tomorrow, Frank?

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
Older Guy said:
Why not, you came from a sack?
how did you know a snokel dropped me off in a sack to my mom?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts