Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple days ago we went for a ride and rode for about 45 mins. We stopped for a bite to eat and started The bike back up it start up fine then BAM! The Idle skyrocketed up and stuck at 3300 Rpms. (‘19 10R with 7k miles) She restarted it and still the same issue. She did say “the bike gives off alot of heat and always so hot”. So we took it to my mechanic To do oil changes and inspection for both of our bikes he could not find the issue and check the throttle wheel And made sure the Throttle cables were in good working order and the free play snap back and setting screw on the throttle itself and could not find the issue. Also, the warranty just went out from the dealer 3 weeks ago. Figured:cautious:

So now I took it One of the most knowledgeable kawi guys in the Chicagoland Dave Cole at Midwest Performance and Tuning. I’ve seen and heard his knowledge and skills on his own 2 Kawi’s (10rr and H2) along with satisfied costumers. He knows his way around Kawi’s hence me taking it to him.

So he:
-flashed the ecu and set the idle to 1100rpms and still skyrockets to 3300rpms

-checked for vaccum leaks, everything is air tight

- He is cycling through and testing the throttle bodies and TB sensors. He is leaning towards that while it got hot 🥵 one of the 3 sensors took a :poop:. He is ordering a set of TB’s and trying them out instead of ordering the sensors or throttle speed control Valve.

Has anyone had this issue yet? Any infowill be greatly appreciated. I have read a bunch of threads and got a couple ideas where to start. Still have not seen anything on the Gen 5 yet. I will continue to keep the thread goes along the journey of this issue. Thank you

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,373 Posts
The idle on the G5 is controlled with an idle speed control system in the ECU. It's monitored by the vacuum and should be set for 1,100rpm +-50 once the engine is warm. It will idle a little higher when cold to bring it up to temp quicker kinda like a choke. If there's no vacuum leaks, that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't getting the proper vacuum on it. You said it's out of warranty, but since it's so close to that it might be worth checking with the dealer to look at it for that and see what they can do for you on it.

Does the idle fluctuate if you turn the bars from full-lock to full-lock either side? That would indicate the throttle cables are not routed right and getting pinched somewhere to hold the throttle open. It's a fairly new bike, but has the synchronization been done at all on the TBs at any point? That will set each of the cylinders to the proper value using the bypass screws in there. If they can't be set right that way, it would affect the idle. That would be the first thing to have done is to do a sync adjustment on it. If that doesn't fix the issue, then it would mean the throttle position sensor (TPS) is faulty. That's integrated and part of the TBs though and not a separate piece.

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have a 2018 ZX10R SE. I have about 6500 km and the other day got the same issue, but mine idles at 4000 rpm. Mine is still on warranty and the called me today to say they checked the bike and it seems ok.

They have called Kawasaki and are waiting to hear back.

I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Please check if it happens with the kebc low or off

Mine did same shit when low.

Tomorrow will continue. At work right now.

Sent from my SNE-LX3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Issue fixed: Dave at Midwest performance and tuning out of Northbrook Illinois replace the throttle bodies an issue when away one of the sensors went bad

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Corrupt bin files sometimes creates gremlins on bikes. Mine was 4k when kebc was on low.
And data logging confirm it
Tps cero etv was 1.8.

On ebc off. Tps cero Etv cero

Used a new bin file (correspondent to my ecu part number), and so far gone

Sent from my SNE-LX3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
mine has not done it, since I picked a NEW and started from scratch.... copy and paste....
To explain better I have not purchased a new one, I just pick a new stock one, and copy and paste.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts