Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have to rebuild my engine, im doing the race intake and thin head gasket. my question is would the 13:5:1 pistons make it to much compression for a daily driver?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Stock gen 1 and gen 2 compression is 12.7. With the thin head gasket its 13.2 to 13.45. With the 13.5 pistons and thin gasket, it would be 14 to 14.25. Too much for the street unless you can afford 110+ octane race fuel.

·
Registered
700 Posts
My 10 is at 14.1/1 and it barley gets by on 93. I did do a couple things to the combustion chambers, smoothing off all sharp edges, a little polishing. but 13.5 is my upper limit when i build street motors for customers.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i can only get 91 octane out here in phoenix... any of you guys know where i can get ceramic motor/tranny bearings

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
no kawi does not make race springs for the 08. the 04-07 retainers are not the same either. i was going to send my head to jay over at ape racing so they can take a look. they were going to custom make me a set but decide on trying the 2011 springs and retainers. they are good for over 14000 rpm so those will be fine. havent gotten around to doing it yet. trying to sell my 08 je pistons (std size) and buy 2mm over je pistons because my spare motor has a cylinder wall wiped out.
Hey man, do you know if Kawi makes race springs for the 08?
Also where i should find 08Ti retainers? Are they the same with 04-07?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
no kawi does not make race springs for the 08. the 04-07 retainers are not the same either. i was going to send my head to jay over at ape racing so they can take a look. they were going to custom make me a set but decide on trying the 2011 springs and retainers. they are good for over 14000 rpm so those will be fine. havent gotten around to doing it yet. trying to sell my 08 je pistons (std size) and buy 2mm over je pistons because my spare motor has a cylinder wall wiped out.
Thanks. Do the 2011 springs and retainers fit in the 08 for sure?
Has anybody tested it before?

·
Registered
567 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts