Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the guys that have installed HIDS on 08s can you post up some pics on where you mounted the ballast ect. Where there any problems we should watch out for?

Also I order a kit and want to make sure 1 bulb is H9 and 1 is H11 is there a way to tell by looking at the bulbs? Oh and I did a search and still have these questions.

Thanks Guys

Ken

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Both bulb types look identical in the outside, one has a slightly higher output in halogen form.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone with mounting info or pics? Ill prob take it apart Fri and take a look because it is suppose to rain.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
So I searched and this came up, bumping it to see if anyone has a link to a quality kit that can be had for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Reactions: twidget

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I have the slim digital ballasts on my 08. Its a Star Rotors kit. I was able to mount them in the inner fairing using some really strong velcro. Haven't had any issues with the kit or install. Here are some pics of the ballasts:

ballasts 001.jpg

ballasts 002.jpg

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
well do i need the h9 or h11 or what size?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
so low beam is h9 and high is h11, cool beans, thanks guys. I decided the bike is fast enough (for now) so I will try to make it look a little nicer and stand apart from the crowd a little more.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A & R motorsports is the way to go. The kit is plug-n-play AND it has inline fuses to protect your electrical system. Their customer service is top notch. I had a question and the owner picked up on the 2nd ring.
http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/

I mounted the digital ballast under the little black top cover.. don't know what it is called, but on Yami's it covers the ram air intake tubes.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Low beam is H11 and high beam is H9.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Cool beans guys, I can't remember who the seller was offhand but i order an h9 and h11 in 8000k last night with slim ballasts, crossing my fingers and hoping they work well. ended up being $160

1 - 14 of 14 Posts