Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we recently had a storm here in KS last week. It's actually been pretty wet here the past couple of weeks. My bike had been sitting outside for a week covered. I wasn't able to start it during that week because I had been away. Anyways, I uncovered it yesterday and was going to ride but then realized that my hi/lo beams don't work. I do have an HID kit from star rotors. I checked all the connections and everything seems to be normal. My running lights work fine as well as all the signals and brake lights. The ballasts couldn't have gotten wet because it's been covered this whole time. My high beam indicator on the gauges doesn't come on either when i switch it to my brights. Could it be an electrical problem? Should I replace the ballasts and see if that does the trick? I'm not very electrically advanced so any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in manhattan. I'm originally from topeka.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it was the fuse...i'm an idiot. i appreciate it RDYLN

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Make sure to upgrade it to 15 Amp or it will blow again. The start up amperage exceeds the 10 amp fuse but once the HID's are warm the current draw falls back below 10 amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts