Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed HIDs for the small running lights to the outside of the headlights? My main concern is the light color not matching the 5000k bulbs I just got from DDM.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
You can't. HID bulbs won't fit. Those bulbs are 194 type wedge base. There's no such thing as an HID that will fit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anyone installed HIDs for the small running lights to the outside of the headlights? My main concern is the light color not matching the 5000k bulbs I just got from DDM.

DDM have wedge bulbs that match the HID tone at 5000 - 6000K. I got extra set kickin around somewhere that I can throw in for free with the BEET :wink2:

Linky ==>DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting and they are the white ones.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

DDM have wedge bulbs that match the HID tone at 5000 - 6000K. I got extra set kickin around somewhere that I can throw in for free with the BEET

Linky ==>DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting and they are the white ones.
Just when I have that BEET out of my head, you go and bring it up.

Are those LEDs plug and play, or do I need a resistor or something?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just when I have that BEET out of my head, you go and bring it up.

Are those LEDs plug and play, or do I need a resistor or something?
Yup plug and play, nothing else needed. They do have polarity though so if they don't work then twist them around 180 and reinstall. That's how they look installed.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup plug and play, nothing else needed. They do have polarity though so if they don't work then twist them around 180 and reinstall. That's how they look installed.

Cool deal. Just ordered them. They look awesome. Thanks for the pics. What bulb are you running in the head lights? 5000k?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts