Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted me 6000k hid lights to 06 10r today,fitted the slim ballasts between the two headlight's,spaced them apart to help with heat displacement,real pleased with how easy it all was to fit,got all wireing to fitt on the plastic shelf under lights so when i take body work off i don't have to keep unpluging it all.have a looksy.:cool:

Attachments

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
looks good!,.what brand are they?.......and are ya happy with the light output?...

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Won't the ballast get HOT when stacked on each other?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Looks like he has about a 1/4 or 1/2 inch space between em....but the heat they radiate, still might be too much!..heat is electrical components worst enemy,.....other than moisture of course!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
those look good, you should put some insulation in between the ballasts to negate as much heat from each other as possible.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi,they are the 35w hid xenon conversion e4 certified slim-ballast ones in h9/h11(hids4u.co.uk),thank's for the resized pics,write i don't get what the fuss is about on the heat thing!!they dont even get hot,after 2 hours riding pulled over and they were just warm not hot just warm.my car has xenons from the factory it's a turbo car and they get a lot warmer than these on my bike.(might be somthing to do with the fact they are e4 certified??)or are they all e4 certified.if it ever becomes an issue i can always move them!but i'm happy with my install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts