1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Might not be legal, either ...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I would do it to have more visibility and to be more visible. A friend had it on his zx9.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zx102nv said:
I think it would be good but then theres the rice factor.
Ok how much longer are you going to fuck with me???

If you must know my friend wants to buy it for his bike.

I wanted to know if anyone here had any USEFUL info???

IE.. Does it fit easy, does it look good, does it get too hot and melt the housing, do the bulbs burn out quickly???

Plus to retort, no I do not think good visability is rice, now if I wanted to put the HIDS in my footpegs, well thats rice...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I installed a set of HIDs on my 10 back in September. I love them. Plenty of light, Boths "eyes" glowing at the same time. I hooked them up with a jumper to run both at the same time with the high beam switch so they can be shut off. The drain on the charging system is way less then the stock lights. It only uses more juice to start the lights but once they are on they use less. I picked up a set on e-bay that was a one piece ballast and starter for each bulb. Much easier install. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=7921926300 . If you need any pics or more info let me know.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
those are nice!

I think I will get a set as well.

Any problems shaking them up a bit??

I am still learning to wheelie and sometimes I bring her down way hard!!

I wouldn't want them or the ballest to break.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Chipdog said:
You have got to be kidding right????????
Have you seen HIDs?
Yes. I own several vehicles with and without HIDs. The PIAA lights burn at 5200 or maybe 5300K while that HID kit mentioned here is like 4300K. Once you get past 6000K, the color changes more than the intensity, IMHO. FWIW 4300K is barely worth doing. Not much brightness increase, just bling.

The PIAA lights are a massive improvement over stock. My PIAA lowbeam is many times brighter than the OEM highbeam bulb. You also haftachange the city lights or it'll look like your bike has pinkeye. "Pinkeye? Get the hell away from me you goddamn zombie bastard!" Sorry watch too much SouthPark.

My bike's lights look vastly brighter than those pictured in that ad (non-scientific comparison I know) and I'm sure they'd hold up to the distance test as well. Ever owned a PIAA product before? The quality and performance is always top-notch.

The ultimate mod for seeing better at night is lasik surgery. Get 20/10 in both eyes and you won't care about HIDs. :eek:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hid

Here is a pic of HID low beam vs CBR 600 low and high FYI.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I plan on doing the HID sometime in the future. Definitly a way better improvement over the stock setup and I dont consider them to be rice. Like Crispin said better visibility is never rice, just common sense

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
thread resurrection..... :mrgreen:

The real problem with the headlights is the housings...I went with the silverstar bulbs in my housings and they work great til you lean the bike at 55 degrees then it doesn't matter what your running. The light that the headdlight assembly puts on the road in a lean sucks at best no matter if your running hids or the stock bulbs.. The housing are designed to work well going straight down the road not cranked over in a turn. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts