Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Always been abit unhappy with bike lights, especially low beam which seems to just give off a yellow glow.

I first ordered some Osram Nightbreaker bulbs but decided that even though they are 90% more light I'd go the whole hog and fit HID

Picked up the following kit today...

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=52&cat=45&page=1

I'm sure there is cheaper about, but I didn't fancy ebay and these guys just up the road form me.

Took me 30mins to fit, basically involved cutting the old bulb fitting off, making a nice solder joint to ballast unit, then putting in new bulb... job done. The kit I have is only 35w, so my current wiring should be fine (HIDs can give up 3 * the light at half the power)

Here are some piccys, the picture of the light on doesn't do it justice, in fact it's a bright blue / white (6000k) not green and looks fantastic. Not yet tried in dark, but it should be a ton better. If all goes well I'll get one for high beam, maybe get the 55w version which should be like daylight :)

The HID ballast is just cable tied under ram air duct atm, I might make a better home for it in fairing side when I fit the 2nd unit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts