Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2008 zx10r team green and I want to put some aftermarket bright lights on. I know theres HIDs and such but I read about xenon and LEDs and a bunch of others...what's really the difference? I've seen the halos or demon eyes and I like those but is that separate from those lightings? Anyone with knowledge on the lighting systems who can steer me in the right way, I'd be very appreciative.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
HIDs are xenon, its the gas filament in the bulb instead of halogen. LEDs are good for ur running lights. Halos just wrap around the head light projector like an outline.

my question is what are u looking for in lighting, u talking about headlights or lights throughout the bike?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for nice bright headlights. I'm fond of the bluer hue not the overly white or yellow.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
u want either 8 or 10k HIDs 10k being the bluer of the 2

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Ddmtuning.com

35W 8k, plenty blue, but still bright as shit without losing too many lumens...the higher in temp you go, the bluer the color, but you sacrifice light output...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Me personally I wouldn't go above 6k. Once you go past 5k you start sacrificing your visibility and an on a sport bike that's bad news. It's easy to ride past your headlights already and doing something like 8k or 10k for looks is asking for it. IMO.

Starrotors.com has really good prices. I've had the same kit on my bike for over 2 years with no problems.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
get 6ks. Mine are plenty blue and have great output. I have the DDM 35W kit with 6k bulbs

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Me personally I wouldn't go above 6k. Once you go past 5k you start sacrificing your visibility and an on a sport bike that's bad news. It's easy to ride past your headlights already and doing something like 8k or 10k for looks is asking for it. IMO.

Starrotors.com has really good prices. I've had the same kit on my bike for over 2 years with no problems.
come on now, I have 35k and I can see like a Presidential Boss!

·
Registered
357 Posts
come on now, I have 35k and I can see like a Presidential Boss!
I thought you said you have 6k and 35w. Like I said, I wouldn't go above that so yeah you should be good. The projectors on our bikes are pretty effin awesome.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am sorry for hijacking this thread, but I too have too been doing a lot of research on changing my lights on the gen 3.

I have one question I've been trying to figure out, do I need to change the projectors on the bike or are they great enough to simple put hids in them?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
I thought you said you have 6k and 35w. Like I said, I wouldn't go above that so yeah you should be good. The projectors on our bikes are pretty effin awesome.
lol I've had 6k, 8k, 10k and now 35k

The 6k were on my 600 and I had 8k and 10k as a high and low beam on the 10 then switched to both 35k

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am sorry for hijacking this thread, but I too have too been doing a lot of research on changing my lights on the gen 3.

I have one question I've been trying to figure out, do I need to change the projectors on the bike or are they great enough to simple put hids in them?
Projectors are fine. Just get a good HID kit.

lol I've had 6k, 8k, 10k and now 35k

The 6k were on my 600 and I had 8k and 10k as a high and low beam on the 10 then switched to both 35k
Ah...IC what yer gettin at lol.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
H9 and h 11 in 6k(35 watt) from ddmtuneing.com Tons of light and from a distence it will have a blueish tint but as the rider you see white light..

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Had them in my Gen 3 and again in my Gen 4 (my sons 09 6R too).
The 6k HIDS (DDM tuning) are the bomb. Easy to install and dirt cheap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the ddmtuning 55W 8Ks and they are sweet. They are similar to the 35W 6Ks but just a touch bluer when looking at them but your vision is not lost with the higher wattage on the 8Ks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts