Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has converted to HID's ever have any problems with heat or discoloration of reflectors and/or lenses? Considering upgrading my 10 and 14 to DDM kits.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
just hooked mine up..the DDM kit that is!.......wish i could help ya,........but I will be subscribing to htis thread!
as far as light output,.I can say that it is a huge improvement over stock!...I got the55 watt, kit with 6k bulbs!.......easy clean install!....

·
Registered
162 Posts
there should no discoloration or anything related to heat. HID bulbs put out less heat and draw less current once ignited compared to a standard halogen bulb.

i put HID's on my 2003 zx6r 3 years ago, on my truck a year ago and on my 2004 zx10r 5 months ago and no problems with any of them.

be warned though, once you go to HID's you wont ever want to go back to halogen bulbs.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
no problem i think im at about 3k miles on my starrotors hod kit in 6k color i dont know it that has anything to do with the temp or not but no problems with mine at all but i can touch my lenses if ive been riding doesnt matter how long i went on a 3 hour ride to nashville on friday and touched them when i stoped and no heat at all

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
just hooked mine up..the DDM kit that is!.......wish i could help ya,........but I will be subscribing to htis thread!
as far as light output,.I can say that it is a huge improvement over stock!...I got the55 watt, kit with 6k bulbs!.......easy clean install!....
Hey man, where's the pics!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Anyone who has converted to HID's ever have any problems with heat or discoloration of reflectors and/or lenses? Considering upgrading my 10 and 14 to DDM kits.
Hate to be a pain in the a$$ but why DDM??? I bought my HID kit from Star rotor about a year ago and Im loving them. Install took me 10 mins.
If your still in your reseach mode try to run a search in this forum and you will see that so many people have bought there HID kits from Star rotor and never turned back.:mrgreen:

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
the only way to truly get the benefit from HIDs is to put them in projector housings...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys. Right now I'm running halogen Silverstars in the 10, I think they're like 4000K, and PIAA 4700K H9's & H11's halogens in the 14. They "seem" bright enough, but I want to be seen during the daylight hours.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
that explains why all these cars i see around my area with those lights cause such problems when they are going in the other direction at night...

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
thats a great link to read there (wicked) thats something how they explain it to ya.. guess im not gonna spend any money on HID's anytime soon then LOL
you have projector housings in your '08.

I may not be a scientist...but mine surely made a difference. I can see much farther at night than the stockers...and cagers see me much better in the day. I'm glad I did the upgrade!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
you have projector housings in your '08.

I may not be a scientist...but mine surely made a difference. I can see much farther at night than the stockers...and cagers see me much better in the day. I'm glad I did the upgrade!
Oh shit i overlooked that LOL.... well i guess if i had extra money which I dont LOL unless I win this Mega Millions tonight i wont be getting any of them there lights LOL...

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Wicked, by projector housing...do you mean the projector headlamps that are in the 06-07 and 08-09 model year zx-10rs? I own a gen2 and I'm really looking into getting HIDs on my bike but after reading the link you posted (thnx btw), I'm thinking twice. TIA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts