Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had Kwackas all my life and finally made the jump from the 9 to the 10.
Been a while coming and decided i still like the 05 the best

Gotta love that 1st gear, if you aint smiling with that then pack up, dig a hole and jump in.

anyways i am off to the 'Brakes' thread as they do need sorting so will no doubt ask if the answer is not there............im sure it will be

laters

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hey Duncan and welcome.
There are a few fixes for the brakes. The best if i remember right is fitting some ZX14 or CBR calipers. One of those requires some 5mm shims if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
69 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
257 Posts
The cbr need shims. I used 2008 cbr1000 calipers and 3 crush washers per side they work so much better than stock and the crush washers were the perfect size. I'll take a pic for ya if you'd like

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice bike! just went through some brake woo's of my own with my gen1.. the brakes are very very difficult to bleed! but they are much better now! not like the new bike but will stop you with two fingers no problem!
Start with a bleed, burp the master as well. go for a ride (shake it up a little ;) ).
then use rope or string (not elastic) and tie the leaver so that it's firm, this will force the bubbles up to the reservoir, I can't say I fully understand why but it worked!

next day my leavers were much firmer and the brakes worked well.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts