Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
Ill check it, could this happen to an unflashed bike? How do I confirm if it was flashed if it has no stickers in the ecu?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Comi, had to change the ECU...
flashed the bike and one time had no problems, but since we humans are monkeys with tools, I decided to flash it again and problem came back

changed the ECU and flash it....

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
Comi, had to change the ECU...
flashed the bike and one time had no problems, but since we humans are monkeys with tools, I decided to flash it again and problem came back

changed the ECU and flash it....
Thats good to know.

However for me, since that last incident it did not happen again at all, not even once. I use the RR almost everyday and so far so good. For now ill forget about this, hope the RR does as well. It it decides to happen again ill look into getting a new ecu, already got a couple fav'd in ebay.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts

Annnnnd its back, as randomly it went away it went back. It didnt happen for a month, today I was going out. Turn it on and it idles just fine, as I put first and accelerate bang, its stuck at 4k Idle.
I had to come back as I couldnt really ride in the city, was risky and it almost overheats, got it up to 110 celsius (230F).

So what do? should I start tearing the bike apart in hopes its some mechanical thing or just get a new ecu...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Comi told you what i had to do

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
Ok so final update.

I managed to get a 0 mile ecu from ebay at a good price, took a while to get it shipped here but here it is!
So anyway from my last post, my bike was stuck at 4k idle, all the time no longer intermitent. I tried to go riding to see if it would "go" but no luck.
Tried other stuff but same, always high idle. Just make riding unsafe so I just waited till the new ecu got here.

So before the swap, tested ... still 4k idle, even after warming.

Switch ecu, perfect idle and no more issues !!

Wonder what imma do with the problem ecu, should I send it somewhere to get it flashed and keep the new one 100% oem?

But still, very happy that the problem is solved, thanks all :D

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My problem ECU, a guy wanted it, and gave it to him....
havent heard from him....
of course it was back to stock 100%

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
My high idle problem is back, even with the new ecu not flashed. Same thing, same erratic times it happens.

Had the old ecu, bike was stuck at 4-5k idle, put the new ecu and it want back to 1k-ish idle the next time I turn it on. It started again now, getting more and more idle, almost 4k again now.
It must be something with the fueling, throwing more fuel than it should or something with the accel sensor. Besides the higher accel, the exhaust pops a lot, like its throwing unburnt fuel out, can be noticed mostly on downshifting.
Checked to see if I could switch just that sensor but seems you have to switch then entire throttle bodies?

Next step for me is to switch back to the old ecu and see if I can "reset" again this behaviour, but not sure after that...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Is your woolich box witj the new firmware??

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
Air leak on the throttle bodies somewhere, would be my hunch.
Would that result in an erratic higher idle that automatically comes down on ecu switch? I was thinking maybe some of the sensors there is giving incorrect info, making the ecu decide to throw more fuel ?

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,016 Posts
Today I randomly had 7k idle, I dont know anymore, even after I wasted buying a new ecu...

Honestly fuck this drive by wire shit
Do you have the workshop manual? I have a Gen4 so no ride by wire. However the workshop manuals usually have diagnostic flow diagrams. Are there any in the workshop manual for high idle? I know the Gen4 has, but the gen 4 uses an idle control valve to control the idle speed, the ride by wire may be different.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
308 Posts
No error code?
Nop none !! Even if no errors warning is show I tried the combo to see the errors, nothing.

Do you have the workshop manual? I have a Gen4 so no ride by wire. However the workshop manuals usually have diagnostic flow diagrams. Are there any in the workshop manual for high idle? I know the Gen4 has, but the gen 4 uses an idle control valve to control the idle speed, the ride by wire may be different.
I dont know, ill check it up.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts