Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all. I've had my 2014 ZX10 for a couple of months now

So far a very enjoyable 2000 miles of ownership, here's to thousands more! :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
:welcome:

nice colour scheme :smile2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

nice colour scheme :smile2:
Thanks! I did seem a little controversial to join team green with a white bike - but I like it.

You've had your ZX10 on track I see from the picture - nice one. I do a couple of trackdays a year, can't wait to get the 10 out there when we see the sun again.

Gratuitous pic of my last trackday a month or so before the ZX arrived...

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I agree with the above thats a nice colour scheme, not as nice as Kawasaki 777L green but it is nice >:)
Welcome to the forum :welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Yes, slightly controversial joining Team Green with a white bike, but I like it.

Unfortunately the season is indeed about over now :(

Looking forward to spring already, and getting the ZX10 on track.

Gratuitous picture of my last trackday before the ZX10 arrived and it was still sunny

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
:welcomw: Rapide! :welcome:

Liking both of those rides :ayyy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the repeat post before. I didn’t think the first one had worked - turns out they just require moderation, but I guess you all know that :)

The track above is Silverstone. Luckily it was dry ;) (Joke for the Moto GP fans)

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks! I did seem a little controversial to join team green with a white bike - but I like it.

You've had your ZX10 on track I see from the picture - nice one. I do a couple of trackdays a year, can't wait to get the 10 out there when we see the sun again.

Gratuitous pic of my last trackday a month or so before the ZX arrived...
That's at Pembrey (S Wales) 2 years ago, the only track I've ridden apart from Rockingham about 15 years ago with the CSS.

We're at the edge of the earth down here in Cornwall with the nearest track more than 250 miles away .

I see you had a ducati, how did you like it and why have you switched to the 10R? ,or do you still have it tucked away somewhere :wink2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's at Pembrey (S Wales) 2 years ago, the only track I've ridden apart from Rockingham about 15 years ago with the CSS.

We're at the edge of the earth down here in Cornwall with the nearest track more than 250 miles away .

I see you had a ducati, how did you like it and why have you switched to the 10R? ,or do you still have it tucked away somewhere :wink2:
I’m in the north east, have Croft and Knockhill within a couple of hours. But after than it’s an overnight stay. We’re so lucky in the UK though - Oulton, Cadwell Anglesey, Donington, Brands, Silverstone... - all an overnight stay away :). Additive hobby.

Ducati - yeah, that was a scratch that needed itching. I had it two years and covered about 14k miles - including a trip to the Alps, various UK tours (even went to Cornwall on it ;)). Great bike, looked and sounded gorgeous :) Just fancied a change really. Novelty of servicing costs wore thin too! Japanese costs then add a zero, ha

Upwards and onwards!? I had a KDX for playing on greenlanes years ago - so I’ve always been a silent supporter of Team Green :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ducati - yeah, that was a scratch that needed itching. I had it two years and covered about 14k miles - including a trip to the Alps, various UK tours (even went to Cornwall on it ;)). Great bike, looked and sounded gorgeous :) Just fancied a change really. Novelty of servicing costs wore thin too! Japanese costs then add a zero, ha

Yep, think most of us can recognise that itch. Resisted scratching so far though, my pockets aren't that deep :smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts