Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Richard, from Chelmsford, in the UK. Just bought my first ever Kawasaki, which is a damaged 2006 version. I've not had a bike for a bit (last was a RRV Blade) so my mates have called it "project midlife", which is a bit rude! I'll be hoping to add any useful info as I go through the fixing process. Would be nice to have it out before the winter sets in but I'm skint so will be buying bits gradually as they come up for sale. Thank you for having me. Rich.

Attachments

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
:welcome: Rich! :welcome:

I enjoy the fixer uppers too, I rebuilt my 2005 and made her better than new. Love to see pics during the upgrade! :ayyy:

·
Registered
457 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys, I've already ordered a clock/headlamp bracket and a chinese fairing kit. I got a headlamp locally, but that was more than I wanted to spend (£140). Both rear silencers are crushed, but I've ordered a gas pipe on ebay for £24 and will rebuild them with that. I might do a tutorial if that works out well. Lol.
Right now could do with a top yolk as it's cracked around the lock where some prick tried to steal the bike. If i can get one cheap, that's all good, if not I'll tig it from underneath then fill and paint it..... GREEN. Haha.
If I was going to do a tutorial or offer any tips, what part of the forum should I use?
Thanks.
Rich.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Wellcome man!you will find a heap of people on our forum with so much knowledge that will help you in your build project!in Australia we call it a midlife crisis lol!what a load of shit!you have come to a time in life where you need some sort of project!hobby to release all the pressure that comes with day and age!obviuosly you no the pleasure that riding!tinkering can give you so think about you and your needs now because we all no the peace and happiness that comes pulling on a lid

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys, I've already ordered a clock/headlamp bracket and a chinese fairing kit. I got a headlamp locally, but that was more than I wanted to spend (£140). Both rear silencers are crushed, but I've ordered a gas pipe on ebay for £24 and will rebuild them with that. I might do a tutorial if that works out well. Lol.
Right now could do with a top yolk as it's cracked around the lock where some prick tried to steal the bike. If i can get one cheap, that's all good, if not I'll tig it from underneath then fill and paint it..... GREEN. Haha.
If I was going to do a tutorial or offer any tips, what part of the forum should I use?
Thanks.
Rich.
Just post it up in general, we will move it the appropriate forum when needed. :ayyy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts