Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. :hello: First post on this forum. Here cuz we have 2 common bonds. bikes and the 7.

Had a couple of questions.

First, explanation......Have a 98 7R but crashed into a dumb hag :eyecrazy: that pulled a left in front of me in 2002. Been riding budies, bikes once in, a while since then. Anyway, lost all the plastics except the tail. Mechanically bike is good except front tire which is dented from jumping a curb after I tried my low orbiting skills :badteeth: Forks?? Not sure havent taken her apart that far down yet. I would like to rebuild her but want do something special. I have been looking online for parts but am having trouble finding common parts such as Wheels carbon fiber RAM air tubes (NOT COVERS), Shocks and such. I do plan on increasing the displacement and am ok there (Stroker).

I guess the question is, is everyone else having as much trouble finding new parts for the 7? Is it a dying bread in manufactures eyes? I know its out of production but there is still a following. I just dont want to start this massive project and miss that last part that keeps me off the road.

Ride Safe

JJ

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
first of all :welcome: . And i will do some searches and keep an eye out for some stuff. If i find ne thing i will PM you ASAP

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
01001010 said:
Hey guys. :hello: First post on this forum. Here cuz we have 2 common bonds. bikes and the 7.

Had a couple of questions.

First, explanation......Have a 98 7R but crashed into a dumb hag :eyecrazy: that pulled a left in front of me in 2002. Been riding budies, bikes once in, a while since then. Anyway, lost all the plastics except the tail. Mechanically bike is good except front tire which is dented from jumping a curb after I tried my low orbiting skills :badteeth: Forks?? Not sure havent taken her apart that far down yet. I would like to rebuild her but want do something special. I have been looking online for parts but am having trouble finding common parts such as Wheels carbon fiber RAM air tubes (NOT COVERS), Shocks and such. I do plan on increasing the displacement and am ok there (Stroker).

I guess the question is, is everyone else having as much trouble finding new parts for the 7? Is it a dying bread in manufactures eyes? I know its out of production but there is still a following. I just dont want to start this massive project and miss that last part that keeps me off the road.

Ride Safe

JJ

dont you mean dying breed...???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
titanium said:
dont you mean dying breed...???

titanium - Good Catch. Guess I had samich on the mind.:wink:

TC24 - Nothing wrong with the 7. It doesnt always have to be the lightest most powerful and etc etc to have fun on it. They arent as rare as a 1960s ferrari but are not as common as the normal group gixxers and R#s. I have ridden a lot of different newer bikes. I know what the latest liter bikes feel like (Not the zx-10 though). They are awesome. Just something about the 7. I enjoy its positives more than dislike its negatives. I felt better on it than some of the newer bikes. I dont owe anything on the 7 and its a project to have fun with. I am willing to rebuild and give it a hand where it needs it. Part of customizing I guess.

Reminds me of a story. I was on a road in CT with a budy of mine. We were passed by a squidy on a Gix1K on the first portion of this sweet back road. First 1/2 mile was straight by the way:dontknow: and I wasn't trying to race him to the first turn. This guy tried as hard as he wanted leaning hanging praying. Turn after turn trying to pull away. The straights werent long enough to out power me. I ended up passing him on a turn. Dont normally do that but.....it was fun to see the look on his face at the next red light as he pulled up next to the fat tired old ZX.:crackup: :crackup:

If I cant find parts for it, parting it out was the other option and starting new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts