Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a bike, its in the sig. Has 2700 miles, I'm in love with it :)

Yes, its my first "street" bike. Hang on tight. lol

Anxious to learn, the sticky above was already informative, I was wondering what that damn whistling was.

I did actually already have a tragedy. I just paid cash for the bike (5700, thought it was a pretty good deal) to the dealer, and they were rolling the bike out. Went to start it but the battery was to low. Well, a guy (not I) tried to compression start it down a hill. As soon as he started pushing the saddest thing happened, the bike fell over. Worst sound I've ever heard in my life! The steering wheel locked up, which makes me think he had the key all way to the right. Damage was minimal, lowest piece of plastic is messed up a bit, and it broke the foot peg, other then that she looks great.

They will be fixing it this week, and throwing in a battery tender for free.

Take care,

·
Registered
373 Posts
:welcome: That is crazy! Bike gets road rash and you didn't even get to ride it yet.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
nice bike, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
620 Posts
:welcome: :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know where I can get the manual for this bike? Can you download it somewhere?

Thanks for the welcome replies. I've already put nearly a 1,000 miles on the bike, seems unreal.

I love it, what a machine!

·
Registered
531 Posts
:welcome: That is crazy! Bike gets road rash and you didn't even get to ride it yet.
:iamwithst Welcome Fool!!! I think they should have thrown in a helmet and jacket as well :mrgreen: I'm just saying

·
Registered
140 Posts
Theres a couple links floating around for the service manual yes..
Since the bike has already been down hopefully thats the only time it will be!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you PM me the link?

The bike acted a little strange today. Went to throttle up around 3krpms in 2nd gear, had it pinned WOT. It hesitated for a second or two and then started screaming.

I'll monitor the bike to see if it does that again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome from NM!!
...and shits to the dings but it does sound like you actually got a little lucky. My no rolling tip over tagged the mid and lower.

Can you PM me the link?

The bike acted a little strange today. Went to throttle up around 3krpms in 2nd gear, had it pinned WOT. It hesitated for a second or two and then started screaming.

I'll monitor the bike to see if it does that again.
My 06 is like a f'in smooth satanic sewing machine from low to 8K, and transforms into a howling missile, especially in 2nd. Something must be choking the beast.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts