Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install my Ohlins rear shock.sprung for my weight...and I am wondering if adj. lowering links will be a good addition also???....figure being a little lower to ground would give me more stability and better handling!!..............can anybody give me some info on how the two would work together?.........or is the adj on the Ohlins gonna give me a lower stance?..................???..thanks.many!!.are in advance:eek:ccasion1

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mainly a street rider but will get to the track as soon as it permits!.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
NOOOOOO, links are for drag racing, not a good idea at all if you plan on doing twisties, lowerin gthe bike will slow steering and toatlly offset any positive handling that the Ohlins shock will give you, look at race bikes ,do you see any slammed road race bikes, I think not, those guys are mostly short little shits too, and most of them have the ride height jacked up.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I am about to install my Ohlins rear shock.sprung for my weight...and I am wondering if adj. lowering links will be a good addition also???....figure being a little lower to ground would give me more stability and better handling!!..............can anybody give me some info on how the two would work together?.........or is the adj on the Ohlins gonna give me a lower stance?..................???..thanks.many!!.are in advance:eek:ccasion1
WOW who the hell told you lowering a bike would improve handling??

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool!.....ok!!.thanks guys!........I didn't think so!.....I am also wanting to mod my forks with some ohlins or other quality internals!...or just replace with Ohlins units..but man!!.they are pricey huh?.............thanks again guys!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
cool!.....ok!!.thanks guys!........I didn't think so!.....I am also wanting to mod my forks with some ohlins or other quality internals!...or just replace with Ohlins units..but man!!.they are pricey huh?.............thanks again guys!

If you are trying to save only just get the internals, they will work just as good, only look half as cool, :lol:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I would suggest you learn to ride your bike properly first than going out and spending a crap load of money on suspension that your not really going to appreciate right now.
Once you start becoming a smoother and quicker rider, then change over and really put them to some good use.
I think you might be just buying this stuff for a bit of bling and "you've been told" this stuff will make it a better ride.
Again i really am not trying to burst your bubble just trying to get some decent info to you.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hey there if your wanting to do your front end.
Call Ken at Superbike italia http://www.superbikeitalia.com/

He just did mine repalaced all the stock crap parts with ohlins
good stuff and less then half the price of full set of ohlins forks.
Smiley

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I would suggest you learn to ride your bike properly first than going out and spending a crap load of money on suspension that your not really going to appreciate right now.
Once you start becoming a smoother and quicker rider, then change over and really put them to some good use.
I think you might be just buying this stuff for a bit of bling and "you've been told" this stuff will make it a better ride.
Again i really am not trying to burst your bubble just trying to get some decent info to you.
:+1: Your probably right here, i did not want to try and guess his riding level, because you never can tell, but judging by the orginal post you probably right, 95% of riders (me included) will never out ride the stock suspension.

Nothing wrong with wanting to trick your bike out with a bunch of high end parts, but don't go in counterproductive directions with your parts.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
consider myself a decent rider.........been for a few years, just am now in the position, financial wise to really mod up one of my bikes!.......so I just wanna get the best I can get!......and have been a professional bodyman for 20 years so I just atrribute lowering cars for better handling!........am new to tinkering withthe susp. on one of my bikes!.......thanks guys!.........

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Since you live in Asheville give Jaime James Productions a call, he lives close to you, in Marshall and is a service dealer for Ohlins + he does suspension seminar's at several tracks near you, former AMA racer knows his stuff.

And YES!!! I miss the roads there, sucks riding 1 hr to get to decent roads :headshake

Jamie James Productions
889 Sandy Mush Road
Marshall, NC 28753
Phone: 828-683-1883
Fax: 828-683-6464
Email: [email protected]
Custom sport bike builders. Supermoto. Auto: Late model asphalt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts