Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like Laconi but what a dissapointment Tamada is! what Kawi needs is a development rider.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well it is being proved over and over again that Honda has the liter bike to have. I was so damn impressed with Hannspree Hondas bike and rider today Checa it just kills me to see kawi placed in the top 10 because half the field crashed out in race one. Just think if this didn't happen kawi would have come in like 15th or higher. Or if they had the money and development of the bike and even cared to put forth an effort they should have capitalized on the fact that so many crashed out , and they could have pulled off a podium. See we can't say its tires here or bike because these guys are riding the pants off these machines. Kawis new bike just has been developing and headed down the wrong path. See why is it that Honda seems to be the one headed for lighter faster bikes so too is Ducati. Kawi can have the fastest bike in the world on paper but what good is it if it can't be used. I guess that means all kawi cares about is letting there customers know they can go to there local hangout and talk shit about how fast there bike is on the dyno but forget riding the damn thing because its a race won at the bar or hang out talking shit with friends about who has the most HP. I really can't stand the direction kawi is headed with there product. The 6R is a great bike but the liter bike is so f***ed up. Here is something you should look at 08 CBR1000RR swingarm and new suspension. It's a work of art. Just venting I love kawi but this new bike should be scratched along with what the hell will be out in 2010 seeing it's most likley going to be a big flop. Great thread by the way.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Well it is being proved over and over again that Honda has the liter bike to have. I was so damn impressed with Hannspree Hondas bike and rider today Checa it just kills me to see kawi placed in the top 10 because half the field crashed out in race one. Just think if this didn't happen kawi would have come in like 15th or higher. Or if they had the money and development of the bike and even cared to put forth an effort they should have capitalized on the fact that so many crashed out , and they could have pulled off a podium. See we can't say its tires here or bike because these guys are riding the pants off these machines. Kawis new bike just has been developing and headed down the wrong path. See why is it that Honda seems to be the one headed for lighter faster bikes so too is Ducati. Kawi can have the fastest bike in the world on paper but what good is it if it can't be used. I guess that means all kawi cares about is letting there customers know they can go to there local hangout and talk shit about how fast there bike is on the dyno but forget riding the damn thing because its a race won at the bar or hang out talking shit with friends about who has the most HP. I really can't stand the direction kawi is headed with there product. The 6R is a great bike but the liter bike is so f***ed up. Here is something you should look at 08 CBR1000RR swingarm and new suspension. It's a work of art. Just venting I love kawi but this new bike should be scratched along with what the hell will be out in 2010 seeing it's most likley going to be a big flop. Great thread by the way.
I don't think it's the bikes as much as it is the riders they're hiring. If you're assuming that the bike is f***ed than so is the 1000RR. Honda won the championship last year with Toseland a basically dominated on their '07. But I would be massivly suprised if they did it this year. How many races has Honda won this year or even come close to winning?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
"hey lets all get our money together and buy Kawi a WSBK rider"

It's not the riders ...I'm afraid the bike lacks R & D (=more dedication from

the factory)...to put it midly :badteeth: :badteeth:

Laconi in 2004, on a factory DUC., dumped the championship (lost to

Toseland) for a few points, dude is not slow...

·
Registered
971 Posts
The presenters did say last night, the bike is still running a stock airbox and it's not big enough... Show's the bike is behind somewhat in development...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I don't think it's the bikes as much as it is the riders they're hiring. If you're assuming that the bike is f***ed than so is the 1000RR. Honda won the championship last year with Toseland a basically dominated on their '07. But I would be massivly suprised if they did it this year. How many races has Honda won this year or even come close to winning?
Its early and I and you and the rest of us know that rider is 90% part of the equation no doubt. But lets see how things play out we should have a poll or money pot on here and I will take Checa and his Honda over kawi getting a podium this year. :dontknow: Remember that it has been said over and over that Honda is at a disadvantage here with the least developed bike and at the end of the day what sells bikes :dontknow: Winning races knowing that you are riding the badest bike on the market at least thats the way I see it and most others do. With the exception of the lovers of a certain brand like a few of us on here. Look at how many of us here that have some sort of signature of how fast or how much power our Kawis have :dontknow: a few of us wouldn't you say? But we aren't winning races now are we :sad: This new bike was built around motor and suspension last. Also what the hell good is a bike if you don't have confidence in the machine. Lets use this idea folks lets all get Jay Lenos Jet bike and sit at the start finish line wave to the crowd as the flag waves to start the race and stay put because we have the fastest bike, there is no reason to race we already have the fastest bike :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I like kawi and always have but what do you see here in the 08 10R that's different and a huge improvement over the past few years models ? More power thats what is selling this bike and also if I was in kawis shoes I would do exactly what they are doing its great for profits sell the same product year after year making few changes but giving it more power because that's what sells. What do we read in every mag KAWI HAS THE MOST POWER , I CAN'T HOLD ON TO THIS THING, ITS TOO FAST. As long as we read these comments kawi will stay in the same place and offer the same bike with slight changes until they are forced to change. Thats what happened in 04 isn't it. Sales were killing them and most of us who bought that fist generation 10R would all be on other bikes if it weren't for the change they were forced to make.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Its early and I and you and the rest of us know that rider is 90% part of the equation no doubt. But lets see how things play out we should have a poll or money pot on here and I will take Checa and his Honda over kawi getting a podium this year. :dontknow: Remember that it has been said over and over that Honda is at a disadvantage here with the least developed bike and at the end of the day what sells bikes :dontknow: Winning races knowing that you are riding the badest bike on the market at least thats the way I see it and most others do. With the exception of the lovers of a certain brand like a few of us on here. Look at how many of us here that have some sort of signature of how fast or how much power our Kawis have :dontknow: a few of us wouldn't you say? But we aren't winning races now are we :sad: This new bike was built around motor and suspension last. Also what the hell good is a bike if you don't have confidence in the machine. Lets use this idea folks lets all get Jay Lenos Jet bike and sit at the start finish line wave to the crowd as the flag waves to start the race and stay put because we have the fastest bike, there is no reason to race we already have the fastest bike :dontknow:
Well I'm not sure if we're talking about Superbikes or the street bikes we're offered right now. Just to be clear; as far as the SBK I think that it probably is R&D as Felix said as well as getting some top riders.
As far as the street version goes, what I've seen from the tests so far is that the 10 has more power, better brakes and handles better than the 1000RR. But the front end shakes violently under hard acceleration robbing riders of confidence, and I can attest to this. That however is an easy fix with a proper and less crappy damper. Putting heavier oil in my damper as well as raising the forktubes 4mm has greatly reduced the shakes.
Even if the new 10 didn't handle as well as the Honda it's still a big step in the right direction at least from the '04.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
It's like I've said once before, After winning with the '96+ ZX-7R Kawasaki has given up trying to be the best, almost good enough seems to be the mantra there now. They can build an awesome motor, but always build bikes that lack something. The '04 was closest to the winning formula, but it lacked a steering damper and had too much motor. (WTF?!?!?) Along with other things. The '06 model was too this / too that, now the '08 has it's own problems. I'm not saying I could ride it better, but if Laconi can't get better than 15th without lots of help, somethings wrong. The Honda has the same amount of development that the 10 had and almost won. It's more than the rider. I bet that Bayliss himself couldn't make it a winner. It seems to me Honda decided to stop playing around and get serious and Kawasaki hasn't- at least yet. I'm just sick and tired of seeing Kawasaki's so called factory teams wwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back in the pack with the satellite teams.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It's like I've said once before, After winning with the '96+ ZX-7R Kawasaki has given up trying to be the best, almost good enough seems to be the mantra there now. They can build an awesome motor, but always build bikes that lack something. The '04 was closest to the winning formula, but it lacked a steering damper and had too much motor. (WTF?!?!?) Along with other things. The '06 model was too this / too that, now the '08 has it's own problems. I'm not saying I could ride it better, but if Laconi can't get better than 15th without lots of help, somethings wrong. The Honda has the same amount of development that the 10 had and almost won. It's more than the rider. I bet that Bayliss himself couldn't make it a winner. It seems to me Honda decided to stop playing around and get serious and Kawasaki hasn't- at least yet. I'm just sick and tired of seeing Kawasaki's so called factory teams wwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back in the pack with the satellite teams.

Amen brotha :eek:ccasion1 KAWI GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING :beer:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Laconi in 2004, on a factory DUC., dumped the championship (lost to Toseland) for a few points, dude is not slow...

I would have to add an asterick to that statement. When he did that, Ducati was dominating the WSBK championship with the help of special Michelin tires that only the Ducati team had access to. In a sense, you might say that Regis was the reason WSBK decided to go to spec tires. If he could run up front, it was obvious that the tires gave too much of an advantage to one team.

Actually, ol' Regis seems to be a pretty good rider. But I don't know if he has the capability to develop any bike and get it to the front of the pack, however.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What problems is the new bike having? have you ridden an 08? its without a doubt the most balanced, agile powerfull bike I've ever been on. the only reason the one honda did o.k. is because Checa is able to compensate for the bikes deficts or is better at knowing what he needs to change on the bike rather than trying never ending settings until its time to qualify and you never found the magic setting. Its kinda annoying the amount of people that have no faith in Kawasaki. They're not setteling they are just having plain bad luck. In GP they got a good rider now he's hurt already and has missed testing and started the season back in the field riding hurt. so they're behind there not to mention the fact that this is only their 2nd real season in GP thanks to Eckl. In super bike Rog is already hurt plus they had mechanical issues with both bikes so they already look like they're not gonna do good this year to all the nay sayers. Mark my words Kawi is on its way they rule Supercross, kick ass in supersport,and FX. Jamie is starting to spank everyone in superbike and hopper will get them on the right track in GP. so have a little faith. I see them being very competitive in everything mid year except WSBK.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What problems is the new bike having? have you ridden an 08? its without a doubt the most balanced, agile powerfull bike I've ever been on. the only reason the one honda did o.k. is because Checa is able to compensate for the bikes deficts or is better at knowing what he needs to change on the bike rather than trying never ending settings until its time to qualify and you never found the magic setting. Its kinda annoying the amount of people that have no faith in Kawasaki. They're not setteling they are just having plain bad luck. In GP they got a good rider now he's hurt already and has missed testing and started the season back in the field riding hurt. so they're behind there not to mention the fact that this is only their 2nd real season in GP thanks to Eckl. In super bike Rog is already hurt plus they had mechanical issues with both bikes so they already look like they're not gonna do good this year to all the nay sayers. Mark my words Kawi is on its way they rule Supercross, kick ass in supersport,and FX. Jamie is starting to spank everyone in superbike and hopper will get them on the right track in GP. so have a little faith. I see them being very competitive in everything mid year except WSBK.
Bro we all want to believe but after a while it gets old and it all goes back to when you were a kid and your parents told you to go to bed otherwise santa won't come to deliver presents :crackup: Shit gets down right old, and we know kawi just don't care because its not there market. I think I might buy a Kawi lawn mower instead of another one of there bikes :thefinger Until they get serious I won't about there new product.

By the way has anyone noticed that the 08 weighs more than the 06-07 ZX-10R by like 8 or 9 lbs :crackup: What gives :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I know I need to be nicer to the new bike, but its so damn hard its not what I would have expected nor do I of threr racing season.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
HAHAHA...I'll keep my money and keep buying Kawis...It is really nice to go somewhere and have someone oggle my bike because there are a ton of Hondas, Yamas, and Gixxers around...It is nice indeed.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
What makes some of you think that the Honda and Kawi have the same ammount of development? :dontknow:

Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts