Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dam i hope this is in the right spot :beer:... i just got off the phone with ivans performance... they talked me out of the arata full system,,, im now going with the akra evo system,, they said the stainless is only 1 an a half pounds more than the titanium(spelling).. and its $300 cheaper,, and im getting the pc3usb,tre and block off plat,, it comes with one of there maps for everything... so i should beable to plug an play,,,, i hope,,,, he's also going to be doing a map with that set up for NOS real soon... so im going to wait for the nos untill he does the map for it,,, im still going to buy it though.everything to my door is 1,340,,, not including nos....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sounds like you got a good buy. :thumbsup: cool deal..
I can't wait til all my parts show up at the house.. :cool:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
what did they say or do to talk you out of the Arata??
If you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they said that it very very hard to get replacment parts for the arata. and that they have a better map for the akra,,, more proven..

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
What would require replacing on the Arata (canister) in the event of a spill would be no diff than any other system.....not gonna replace the head pipes or 's' bend most likely so basically what you got from Ivan or their order desk was a sales pitch for what Ivan sells/distributes/tests....Akra, which BTW is equally as good as the Arata or vice versa.

BD

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea,,,, i think it was his wife,,, she was talking about him like she was,,, talking about all there bike in her liveing room,,,lol, and how many bikes they have. i dont mind getting an akra,, she said that he has spent more time on the akra system with maping, an all that shit... is it true about the stainless verses the titanioum about the power????? is it the same power? just a differance in cost and weight???

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
With exception of the material the pipes are basically the same.

BD

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:postwhore < how about i become one of those instead,, :crackup: ,,, just got back from a quick but nice ride,,, need to run the full tank of gas out,, i should be getting everything in a few days,, i hope by thursday :mrgreen:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well,,, its a done deal,,, first i would like to say,, hats off to ivan and his wife,, they were great to deal with,, and i cant beleve the price i got,, dam!!! just the exhaust alone should of been more than what i got. she told me that once i get everything hooked up,,, to call them an they will walk me through one more step over the phone,, i need to hook the pc3usb up to the computer and tweek a few things.. and she said,,, when they get the map done on the nos bike there mapping, (with the same set up i am doing) she will email it to me for free.. :beer: :beer: :beer: i should have everything here by friday at the latest,,, im takeing my bike apart thursday night, so im ready. Dam im going to be fast,, er, lol :zx_red: im also going to be doing the extra fan set up,,, i'll get pics as i go..

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Big Daddy said:
What would require replacing on the Arata (canister) in the event of a spill would be no diff than any other system.....not gonna replace the head pipes or 's' bend most likely so basically what you got from Ivan or their order desk was a sales pitch for what Ivan sells/distributes/tests....Akra, which BTW is equally as good as the Arata or vice versa.

BD
I don't think he meant the Arata would need different parts than the Akra. Just that the parts for the Akra are easier to get because Arata doesn't have as much inventory as Akrapovic does. If a different system was a big improvement over the Akra, Ivan would most likely endorse it whether he sells it or not. When I've talked with him, he didn't seem like the typical "my stuff rules, the other stuff sucks" guy you talk to alot when buying parts.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:+1: your right,,, it would take alot longer to get the arata pieces if something was to happen... the akra system is alot more avalible, spelling,,. and beleve me,, i wanted the arata,,, they were great to deal with.. and pluse,,, i think they had more time to map an remap the akra than the arata.. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
137 Posts
dam i hope this is in the right spot :beer:... i just got off the phone with ivans performance... they talked me out of the arata full system,,, im now going with the akra evo system,, they said the stainless is only 1 an a half pounds more than the titanium(spelling).. and its $300 cheaper,, and im getting the pc3usb,tre and block off plat,, it comes with one of there maps for everything... so i should beable to plug an play,,,, i hope,,,, he's also going to be doing a map with that set up for NOS real soon... so im going to wait for the nos untill he does the map for it,,, im still going to buy it though.everything to my door is 1,340,,, not including nos....
All that for 1340? Think I'd get the same deal on that set up for an 07? On those block off plates, that's a must have for going to the open race system?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts