Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I recieved an e-mail from my Father, just something for you guys to keep in mind of the dangers we take everyday.....we are motorcyclisits and we adhere to the risk of riding motorcycles.....

Ride2Die.com

or
http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm

I used this website as a reminder of what could happen when I let down my guard and slip up and start fooling around....

this stuff is freakin nasty and sad...

everyone out there be safe please!!!!1

Richard

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah you definitely have to be careful. I remind myself of this every time I suit up when I'm ready to ride.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
I can't watch shit like that..gets me a F ed up in the head with the images...I do tell myself from time to time to take it easy and enjoy the ride and go back home..Then I'm back down to riding 90% of my skill level..

·
Registered
685 Posts
Try and always use 100% Skill Level but only ride at 80% make sense... we have to go to work the next day right?
I just wrote something about this in the Canyon vs Track thread. Riding at 80% on the street is not exactly safe either depending on your experience...

I looked down on one of my favorite roads the other day and noticed that "taking it easy", I was still at just about triple digits. :eyecrazy:

That, and the post about JBlaze (and all the other wrecks lately) will have me at the track alot more next year. :thumbsup:

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I never let guard down. Life is short, and I wanna enjoy all of it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
damn man that makes me scared as hell.... i've gone down 3 times in my life and every time i thank god i didnt die .....those pictures piss me off though a lot of those people could have help their rash atleast my wearing a jacket i didnt sustain any rash whats so ever just because of my jacket. i mean yea i lost a $500 jacket but hey i kept my skin .... but anyways rip to those who have died and those pictures should be shown to every rider out there cause i think it would give at least the squids a wake up call!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
:sad: The last group ride I went on I watched a young fella in front of me ride under the front of a 4WD coming the other way....the bike lodged under the front and he went under the whole lot as the 4wd pushed it back towards me for about 50 yards. He only lasted about 10-15 minutes before he passed away, leaving 2 kids and a girlfriend. We did what we could to keep him alive, but my mrs (13 yrs ambo and now a nurse) said afterwards he was never gonna make it (she was there too, got there about 5 mins after it happened). It wasn't pretty.
Neither of them (the 4wd driver or the rider) really did anything wrong, he wasn't speeding (about 80kmh) just made a small mistake which unfortunately cost him his life.
It really makes you think....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Things like this makes me think about just getting a track bike and sticking to the track. RIP to all those riders who lost there lives.

·
Registered
13 Posts
People kept showing me that stuff when I first got into bikes about 5 years back. Thank God I haven't been down so far.

You see the common stuff like decreasing radius turns, driver turning left without seeing the motorcycle. That stuff doesn't scare me so much, because as a rider, you can prepare for and avoid all of that stuff.

It's the people getting rear-ended while sitting at a light that scare me. What can you do about that? Sit and watch your mirrors and look for guys who don't seem like they're gonna stop?:dontknow:

May God keep us up on 2 wheels. Amen!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think that it is essential to understand the risks. Before I started riding I researched the stats and looked at images like this. After I crashed my first bike and before I got another bike I spent three days looking at disturbing "after" images and stories so that I was sure I wanted to face the risks. When you see parts and pieces you have to really soul search. But if your number is up, does it make a difference whether you go in a gory way or a nice gentle way? Dead is still dead.
I think we all need to have a balance of desire for fun and respect for the road and its dangers. If you are not up for it, hang up the keys. The best thing you can do is ride responsibly and be sure that you do everything you can to manage and minimize the risks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts