Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
JodyH said:
What if the badguy isn't satisfied with just stealing your bike?
What if he doesn't want any living witnesses and puts a bullet in your head?
The problem with the "give them what they want and they'll leave you alone" mentality, is that some people are psychopaths and will not even blink when they pull the trigger on you.
Think about it this way, you are placing your life completely into the hands of a person who is willing to use deadly force to steal from you. I don't know about you, but I like to have some control over whether I live or die. I do not want to have zero options when cooperating just isn't enough and the criminal decides to kill me for the heck of it.

9/11 proved that. IMHO, there should be a absolute, no way out law, that if you use a firearm in the commission of a felony, you receive at least life in prison, no parole, no chance of parole, no chance of pardon, nothing, period. Better yet, put the SOB out of our misery.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Whatever you buy, just make sure it is something you want to keep and carry all of the time. A girl that grew up across the road from me was attacked two nights ago while she was working in her fathers shop. The man told her he did not want money so we all know what he was after. If a pistol had been there his family would be identifying a body instead of her having to go to the hospital for stitches from being stabbed twice and having her hands cut up from trying to fight the bastard off. Her mother also heard her screaming and came out to help. She was knocked down twice and is still sore, but ok. She is around 70. I know it sounds cold, but if her family has to I.D. a body it is the price they pay for raising a thug.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
IITravel said:
alright i know this thread looks dead, but isn't there a county in OK or Texas that requires that all homes have a gun in them. I think their crime rate fell 80 percent or something like that. I'm trying to google but I'm getting nothing. But I got nothing to do right now (i'm working:crackup:) so I'll keep searching.

oh and :headshake sorry danno-I just don't agree w/ you. Probably my schooling and training and choice of future career and love of my family:mrgreen:

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
ninja6r said:
oh and :headshake sorry danno-I just don't agree w/ you. Probably my schooling and training and choice of future career and love of my family:mrgreen:
tis :cool: dood, different countries, different cultures, I like the status quo here & you there:ayyy:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
VOL said:
Then don't shoot a Kimber. It will ruin you

Or an HK. The new HK45 looks like it'll be a very nice gun. Not that a 1911 based pistol is any kind of a dog. Matter of fact a Colt Series 70 Gold Cup was my first big bore pistol. Loved it till I ran out money and had to sell it to make a house payment. Oh, well....

121 - 134 of 134 Posts