Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Nope, I only did a Gen3 kit cam on a Gen1

Picked up I think 6-7hp along with a thin head gasket and I forget off the top of my head the cam numbers...

I know it works and picked up about the same gain as the gen 1 kit cam did maybe 1-2hp less.

its a good cam to run IMO

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info bud I have the first gen kit cam now and wanted redegree it for more top end since we degreed them for "upper midrange" I was thinking about trying some big numbers like 110/108 I just hope my weight won't hinder mid range performance w these numbers, u think these numbers would work w the first gen kit cam I know alot of people are using numbers like this w the newer oSne. U get the new motor yet on your new beast? You going w the kit ecu since u can extend the rpms and control the top injectors? I'm so jealous u get to do r/d on the new 10 I wish I had one to play with, once I get my new cam numbers dialed I'n I have to link w u guys and do a full pulls :)

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Guhl Motors should be able to flash my ECU and they are going to have a programming cable out soon so I'm waiting for that to come out.

Yeah as for higher cam numbers I only experimented with my bike but it also had 2mm over sized pistons so numbers will be off from a stock bore bike. The higher numbers should move the power up but its all a matter of playing with the cams to find out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good shit I can't wait to see her I'n action again, u think the aeros are superior the the 2 gen? U doing top end work to her I'n the future?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Good shit I can't wait to see her I'n action again, u think the aeros are superior the the 2 gen? U doing top end work to her I'n the future?
Yeah I think the Aero's are pretty solid this year!

My engine shipped from Cali yesterday so hopefully by mid next week it will be here and can be installed. :thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Awsome keep us posted ,u doing some redynoing before and after
not with the new and used motor. I will be crackign it open slightly to see if I can notice any extensive wear.

From what my sources have said there were other issues other than just the valve springs, I'd like to take a deeper look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts