Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...my naturalistic healing next door neighbor had her 22 year old daughter and dog move into the rear unit...

Problem, the dog needs therapy....barks when anyone walks nearby or if he hears anything and this bark is really annoying....and it is right outside my window....

I send the Mom an e-mail suggesting a citronella collar, what a friend suggested.

Seems another person had suggested the same.....

Well last night, I called animal control as the damn dog was barking and there was no body home...I am now working a new job, 10-12 hours a day, no pay (commission only) and don't need this at night.

So my housemate goes and talks to the daughter...

Well they won't consider any of these "collars" (shock collar and citronella collar) because they are inhumane to the dog...

They are going to lock it up in a cage...(like that's humane???)...

In my opinion, the damn dog just needs to be trained by a RESPONSIBLE owner....

Anyone else have any ideas on this situation?

(The mom wants to apply her naturalistic healing to the dog, and I think this is getting just a little too much fru-fru for me)...

Am open to suggestions that may be humane solutions to the problem...(besides moving)...(No I won't put poison food out)...

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I remember hearing about a collar that produces a high frequency pitch when the dog barks!....is def not harmful to the dog but def annoying to him!........I heard some people have had good results with this.........and no citronella odors......no electrical shock!........it will stop the constant barking but will not harm the dog and will not need the owner to be home with the shock controller in hand at all times!!.......hopin this helps my friend!.......good luck.........

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
damn hippie-tree huggin naturalists!!.lol.....maybe when she is trying to sleep,.turn your cd player on and blast some gangster rap directed her way for a night or two!....when and if she calls the law.or Allah!!..lol.just turn the music down before the police exit their vehicle!.........I hate to give the cops a run around.cuz they could be doin someone else who really needs it, some good, but,hey,,,,,,,,gotta sometimes fight fire with fire!!.lol
no offense to any muslims on this site!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember hearing about a collar that produces a high frequency pitch when the dog barks!....is def not harmful to the dog but def annoying to him!........I heard some people have had good results with this.........and no citronella odors......no electrical shock!........it will stop the constant barking but will not harm the dog and will not need the owner to be home with the shock controller in hand at all times!!.......hopin this helps my friend!.......good luck.........
Well if you can locate info and get me proof it doesn't hurt the dog....would be appreciated....

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn hippie-tree huggin naturalists!!.lol.....maybe when she is trying to sleep,.turn your cd player on and blast some gangster rap directed her way for a night or two!....when and if she calls the law.or Allah!!..lol.just turn the music down before the police exit their vehicle!.........I hate to give the cops a run around.cuz they could be doin someone else who really needs it, some good, but,hey,,,,,,,,gotta sometimes fight fire with fire!!.lol
I filed a complaint with animal control...

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I will check and see for ya!.but I think you can pick them up at the big-chain type pet stores.and they are not expensive!........and the frequency they put out is not audible to the human ear!.but the dogs hate it!!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will check and see for ya!.but I think you can pick them up at the big-chain type pet stores.and they are not expensive!........and the frequency they put out is not audible to the human ear!.but the dogs hate it!!
If the dogs hate it, it isn't going to work....these fru fru women want a humane solution...

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
it is just annoying to the animal......not damaging to the ears or anything!........
just imagine if everytime you were to say the word shit!....someone would splash cold water on the back of your neck!.........after a while.you would......stop saying shit!...
I am just trying to help!.......the gangster rap idea is always there!..lol...jk!
Sounds like she is trying to be difficult!...which sucks.nothing worse than a shitty neighbor who has no respect for others!.........

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it is just annoying to the animal......not damaging to the ears or anything!........
just imagine if everytime you were to say the word shit!....someone would splash cold water on the back of your neck!.........after a while.you would......stop saying shit!...
I am just trying to help!.......the gangster rap idea is always there!..lol...jk!
Sounds like she is trying to be difficult!...which sucks.nothing worse than a shitty neighbor who has no respect for others!.........
If they think a citronella collar and a shock collar in inhumane, they will probably think this is too...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Make a dvd of the dog barking and play it on the stereo point the speakers towards her place and eventually they will come and take the dog away. Just keep calling the cops for noise.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I have been lookin for ya and try googling."Super Bark Free"..it is a device you , yourself, can hang out your window and will emmit the ultrasonic noise!.you can adjust it yourself and in the ad it is said to be pain free and humane to the animal!.check it out!........I'm sorry i don't know how to send you the link!........but when I punched in "stop neighbor's barking dog",.............boom.........all kinds of devices popped up!.......all of them humane and harmless to the dog!.........I am a true dog lover, and would not hesitate to use this!...........tell her it is better than fines and visits from animal control everyother day!........let her know that you will not just..."accept" it!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I can already guess the answer to this question....

Do they walk the dog normally?

I've got 3 dogs. 2 of them I adoped from the local shelter a few months ago..and I dont have any problems like this with them at all. They rough house a little too much inside the house at times bc theyre all young. But barking inside the house and stuff like that? No. I walk them as much as I can and I also train them to ignore people outside.

WHat kind of dog is it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts