Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'2" and weigh 230...need some ideas for my suspension settings.

All the way around the bike for street riding.

'09 ZX10R.

Thanks for your input!

Liam

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
You're not so big, LOL. I have an 07 and used the sport rider mag settings, just stiffinned everything up a bit more. Not sure bout the 09. I know we need stiffer spring rates but toucan make it feel pretty good with what you've got.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i upgraded my springs with racetech springs front and back and its a good improvement, not as a total rework but im 6'6" 280 and it feels alot better

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i upgraded my springs with racetech springs front and back and its a good improvement, not as a total rework but im 6'6" 280 and it feels alot better

holy cow Sasquatch haha j/k. i was wondering about the sus. settings too, using the stock springs/forks.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
U need to set it up yourself thats how u learn,don,t be scared now even i did it.There are some good vids on u tube setting up suspension.search on here also,read ur manual.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
hahhahaha my buddies actually call me that, along with mongo, biggie, you name it ive been called it......i practically dont even know my own name.....but anyways, the stock stuff was basically useless for me. im not sure if you could dial it in for 230 either its pretty squishy.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I'll take a look at mine after a meeting today and tell you. We are about the same weight though I am only 5'11"
I am struggling with the rear a little and have been playing with preload - I think it feels better with 1 line showing but I cranked it and have 15 right now and the front feels funny so I am unsure. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm 6' 220 and I'm happy with my setup. The 08 has stiff enough springs for most street riders. I press mine pretty hard. I like the rear to be set up stiff. 27mm of threads showing for my weight. I have my front set much softer 5 1/2 lines showing on preload. I have my fork tubes 8mm up through the top clamp, but I'm running a 180/55 rear. For the 190/55, I would go to 4-5mm.

Works good 4 me.

Compression and Rebound, I cannot remember right off hand.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

HAHA... Its almost like fat guy in a little coat. Not saying your fat or any gay shit like that. But it reminded me of Chris Farley

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I'm 6' 220 and I'm happy with my setup. The 08 has stiff enough springs for most street riders. I press mine pretty hard. I like the rear to be set up stiff. 27mm of threads showing for my weight. I have my front set much softer 5 1/2 lines showing on preload. I have my fork tubes 8mm up through the top clamp, but I'm running a 180/55 rear. For the 190/55, I would go to 4-5mm.

Works good 4 me.

Compression and Rebound, I cannot remember right off hand.
OK here goes:
Front - 4 mm above triple clamp
Preload - 3 rings showing
Compression - 6 out from full hard
Rebound - 6 out from full hard

Rear
Preload - 14 lines showing - I think i prefer it at 5 but I'm messing around
Low Speed - 1 turn out from full hard
High speed - can't tell you as I don't have my tool kit today
Rebound - 3/4 turn out from full hard

BTW I use a 180/55R17 Rear not a 195/55

Air pressure on DOT race tires is: