Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this weird hesitation that is most noticeable during constant speeds, but is even discernable during hard acceleration. It's like the engine cuts out intermittently. It accelerates hard all the way to the rev limiter and doesn't give any dying out feeling. Just this weird engine pulsing. My mechanic and I are stumped.

Here are things we've tried:
New Air filter
New plugs
Clean main frame ground
Bypass sidestand switch
I have an HID on there and we disconnected the light in case the ballast was pulling too much juice.

Really any thoughts or ideas here are welcomed.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
hmmmm...do you have a power commander or some kind of air/fuel tuner on your bike?

and on the HID kit to you have the proper fuses/relays installed....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think I have a PC on there. Pretty sure it's stock in that regard. The seller didn't say it was aftermarket in that regard.

I assume the HID is installed correctly. Pretty sure it was a kit and done correctly. We disconnected it and ran it without, and the gremlin was still there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Try cleaning the screen in the fuel pump. Also check for kinks in the line wile you are in there.

In the service manual it tels you how to check the TPS. I dont think i have ever seen a map senor go bad though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i had something like this on my gsxr and found out after long search it was comming from the dynojet quickshifter....... i replaced the quickshifter and it was gone........

·
Registered
397 Posts
Try cleaning the screen in the fuel pump. Also check for kinks in the line wile you are in there.

In the service manual it tels you how to check the TPS. I dont think i have ever seen a map senor go bad though.
Thanks, dropped the bike off and had them check it out. They said the screen in the fuel pump was full of crap, and that it looked like water and mud residue maybe from bad gas, took it for a test and its running normal. The mechanic who is a riding buddy said to stay away from gas with ethanol but thats tough to do, he also ran some PJ1 octane boost thru the tank after cleaning the screen and said to use it every couple of tanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts