Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a little hesitation just as I roll into the powerband on my '04. I think its probably just a throttle body sinc issue, or at least that's what it feels like. Anybody have any other ideas to throw out there? 2004 zx-10r 27k miles meticulously maintained. Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock mapping, no powercommander, and its been a good runner for the previous 26000mi, I haven't added or changed anything but oil, tires, brakes, chain, etc.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Try cleaning your air filter and changing your plugs! Bet that works.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hesitation occurs just as its rolling into the powerband maybe 75k-8k rpm any gear, any speed/load. Its fine after its in the powerband, doesn't cut out, just kinda bogs, like two cylinders hitting the powerband with the other two lagging. That's why I think it maybe just needs a throttle body sinc. I don't want to tear it apart until I get to the 30k mile service unless somebody has better insight as to what else it could be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll change filter, plugs, etc at the 30k service unless you think I could be damaging it by ignoring it for awhile.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turned out to be the fuel pump. I got a salvage off ebay, when I got it found part of the plastic housing broken that holds it to the metal sump. I used a piece off the old pump and wrapped a plastic tie around the whole thing to hold it together. Pulls like a raped ape now. I hope it holds up, I'll be damned if I am going to pay $200 plus for that new POS factory fuel pump. Maybe I'll check out the Walbro mod for the next one now that I have an extra old one lying around.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts