Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was involved in a work related injury a couple of X-mass ago that left me with a shoulder dislocated. For various reasons I have waited to have surgery, and had it last Friday. The doctor told me I am missing bone and that he assumes was reabsorbed into my body since he couldn't find it. That bone filled part of my socket to keep my arm in place when I rotate my arms up and back.

I'm intending on collocating for my expenses. I cant ever play a rough sport like football or MMA because of what happened again without easily damaging myself more. The whole situation is tricky (as all legal situations are). I'm having trouble assigning a monetary value to being able to participate in things like MMA, swimming, throwing a baseball, etc. How much would you want and why?

It's a thinker for sure as I have maybe one shot at getting what I'm owed. Maybe I'll get to ride some once it's all over! I'm healing well from the surgery, stopped needing pain pills less than a week after.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Ask for more than you want....if you go too high they will readjust you to what they deem appropriate.....but if you go too low you might just sell yourself short.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Isn't that what a lawyer is for? i hope you have one already, and if you don't.. i would be thinking about getting one ASAP... he ought to be taking care of these things for you. That's what they are paid to do.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
isn't that what a lawyer is for? I hope you have one already, and if you don't.. I would be thinking about getting one asap... He ought to be taking care of these things for you. That's what they are paid to do.
:+1:...

·
Registered
681 Posts
i know exactly what you are going through, ive have a labrum repair on both shoulders, on my right arm ive had it twice. the second time on my right shoulder was earlier this summer, i can't play any rough sports ever again, it hurts to ride my bike and i cannot ever swim again, the list goes on and on. trying to sleep is hell, kuz i can't bring my arms over my head, and my girlfriend has become my full time back scratcher because i cannot reach my back anymore. i hate it and wish i never had surgery, it is better to have shoulders easily dislocate than be in pain all the time. no matter what they do to me, i have a sharp pain in both my shoulders all the time. it is definitely debilitating. and i'm only 24 years old. good luck dude. sorry about the rant.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When it all first happened, attorneys didn't want to talk to me; they didn't see any money in it. So I'm flying solo.

i know exactly what you are going through, ive have a labrum repair on both shoulders, on my right arm ive had it twice. the second time on my right shoulder was earlier this summer, i can't play any rough sports ever again, it hurts to ride my bike and i cannot ever swim again, the list goes on and on. trying to sleep is hell, kuz i can't bring my arms over my head, and my girlfriend has become my full time back scratcher because i cannot reach my back anymore. i hate it and wish i never had surgery, it is better to have shoulders easily dislocate than be in pain all the time. no matter what they do to me, i have a sharp pain in both my shoulders all the time. it is definitely debilitating. and i'm only 24 years old. good luck dude. sorry about the rant.
Thanks for the warning. You're condition is much worse than mine, though, but who knows what might happen to me later in life. Do you ride mountain bikes? I love mine, it bring lots of smiles to my face.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts