Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I got the replacement home. I love it! What did I get? :dontknow:

A KAWASAKI BEEYOTCH! :thumbsup: Even went with Kawi green to fully show my loyalty to KHI and big green! :thumbsup:

Man, it was like laying down with an old favorite girlfriend. I was hung over from last night's refreshments and was dreading the ride home and trying to do my hard break-in on the way home, but a few miles and a few twists of the wrist later I was grinning ear to ear and enjoying the hell outta myself. Seems the adrenaline rush of doing 1st/2nd gear wide fuggin' open break-in runs on a 10R cured the hangover. :mrgreen: I honestly didn't know how bad I missed the 10 until I started off from the dealer on the new one. As soon as I picked my foot up off the ground and rolled away from the dealer's front door I knew I made the right decision. :thumbsup:

Here's a few more pics. Haven't taken the good ones yet. Had to take the point & shoot since I was riding it home and had no way of carrying the big camera. Anyway, who doubted me? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
now the fun of buying ALL those aftermarket goodies ALL over again begins. :lol:

Hey its still got reflectors on it!! WTF!!!

BD

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
:beer:
Congrats dude. Sweeeet! I love green. Well right after orange.
Cary
valskater

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Daddy said:
Happy for ya EL D and yeah the 05 green is ummmmmmmmmm mo better. :thumbsup:

BD

Dude, I'm still floating from the joy of being back on a 10. In all honesty I think I would have been happy with the Gixxer as well, but the one thing that swung me was the firmer feel of the 10R. I knew I could do some adjustments on the Gixxer's suspension/preload and get it to handle awesome, but every time I leaned toward going with the Gixxer I'd remember how sweet the 10R handled and how firm it felt. I'd think about how much I liked the firmness of the 10R and how it handled with my fat ass on it compared to the softer set-up bikes... This one rides just as perfectly with me on it as Diablo did. I'm just convinced that the 10R has the best suspension from the factory for my weight. The thought of getting the Gixx and not being 100% happy with the ride just kept me from being able to go that route.

Anyway, it ain't black... but it *IS* a 10 dammit! Man, I can't express how happy I am to be back on a 10R. The Gixx might be a sweet bike, but I simply can't imagine it being any better. :wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
valskater said:
:beer:
Congrats dude. Sweeeet! I love green. Well right after orange.
Cary
valskater

Thanks! Me very happy... :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I doughted you El D, I really thought you were going Suk, for some reason. Maybe it was your indecision or just the fact you mentioned it, glad I'm not a betting man(too much). :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bluedevil said:
I doughted you El D, I really thought you were going Suk, for some reason. Maybe it was your indecision or just the fact you mentioned it, glad I'm not a betting man(too much). :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
To be honest, right down to the wire I was leaning toward the Gixx... But every time I tried to count the 10 out of the running I'd remember how sweet it was. Yesterday I would have said it would be the Gixxer, so if it makes you feel better, you did have me read right. I changed at the very last minute. :wink:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
Way ta go dood, knew you wouldnt let us down..

I guess I bleed green, bro. :wink: Man it feels good to be back on a 10. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

<~ And who didn't see this coming? :crackup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
El Diablo said:
To be honest, right down to the wire I was leaning toward the Gixx... But every time I tried to count the 10 out of the running I'd remember how sweet it was. Yesterday I would have said it would be the Gixxer, so if it makes you feel better, you did have me read right. I changed at the very last minute. :wink:
Good deal, I don't have to second guess myself to much in the future. I do feel better. :mrgreen: Just glad you do and thats what counts, welcome back to the 10 world again. :thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Nice- If they had a green one avail. when I bought mine, it would have been a tough choice.

So what is it now? The Green Demon?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
werd!

good job El D!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts