Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really had to swollow my pride to ask that question...But after using my strap(gets everything loose)and a oil filter wrench I was starting to get concerned....What the hell happened to alittle over hand tight.this guy mustve put it on:diablo_an

· Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I weigh about 220 and lift blocks and bricks for a living...I was no match for that filter lol
I know how you feel...

I weigh 230, and actually tore a muscle in my right wrist trying to get that damn thing off! I ended up using massive channel-locks. That worked.

Of course the new K&N oil filter have a nice 15mm nut welded on the end to make it easier next time!

· T Double D
870 Posts
if you loosen the filter before you start to drain the oil it wont create suction on it dont loosen it to where its leaking yet but just loosen it up and i use k&n filters cause they have nut welded to the end of them so you can just use a ratchet on them and no need to use your " 23 in guns " on it just a little snap on tool is all thats needed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.