Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!! I need to know if the threads on the 05 zx10 oil filter is reversed or if the hulk put this filter on

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
It isn't reversed threaded.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping that it was... I dont know how im gonna get this shit off...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Well for me, I just have 23 inch python biceps, no problem getting them off! hahah

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really had to swollow my pride to ask that question...But after using my strap(gets everything loose)and a oil filter wrench I was starting to get concerned....What the hell happened to alittle over hand tight.this guy mustve put it on:diablo_an

·
Registered
279 Posts
glad you didnt try to reverse it

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
thank you gentleman, it turns out I had to put some ass, back and hip into it.

What do you weigh? 130-150 ?:mrgreen:

You gotta have at least 18" guns for it to be easy.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I weigh about 220 and lift blocks and bricks for a living...I was no match for that filter lol
I know how you feel...

I weigh 230, and actually tore a muscle in my right wrist trying to get that damn thing off! I ended up using massive channel-locks. That worked.

Of course the new K&N oil filter have a nice 15mm nut welded on the end to make it easier next time!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Bjay the dyno shop put the filter on bet it was changed while headers were being changed for it to be so tight.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Bjay the dyno shop put the filter on bet it was changed while headers were being changed for it to be so tight.
Dave next time you go over there knee the mechanic in the nads for me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Of course the new K&N oil filter have a nice 15mm nut welded on the end to make it easier next time!
Right up until that nut just snaps right off. Honestly, they're not tack welded on that well. Shouldn't be a problem if you torque the filter correctly though.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
if you loosen the filter before you start to drain the oil it wont create suction on it dont loosen it to where its leaking yet but just loosen it up and i use k&n filters cause they have nut welded to the end of them so you can just use a ratchet on them and no need to use your " 23 in guns " on it just a little snap on tool is all thats needed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts