Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
while i was riding today my bike started to make a shaking or a weird vibration in my left rearset i could feel it the most. it happened in third fourth and sixth so I'm assuming it was related to the RPMS it was always right around 11 or 12K. it only did it three times though a few times it would let me accelerate right up no problem so I'm worried its something that is getting ready to happen. any input is appreciated.

EDIT: Instead of posting something every hour i figured to just edit the original post but i looked today my chain is like deathly loose and the sensation the bike gave me seemed to either come from where the sprocket is or towards the middle it was a clicking noise and it made the bike Vibrate a bit today I tried starting it and now it makes a chirp almost from somewhere I
Checked the stator but it looks fine

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No lights came on but there was defiantly a weird feeling it may have made a pop noise too it would stop as soon as i got off the gas then i could keep riding i was trying to make it do it to much tho cuz i didn't wanna mess anything up sorry its such a vague explanation

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What's the last thing you did to the bike.
i took the bike out for the first time this year in july since then I've done 1 oil change, cleaned and reoiled air filter messed with my bazzaz autotune (plugged into computer to get info and all that jazz)....i did notice that it feels like its shifting kinda hard or feels that way to me now..could i be anything to do with the tranny?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
none of the warning lights came on either so i feel like its building up to whatever is happening..but the feeling came from the middle of the bike but towards the bottom as soon as i let of gas it went away and a few times i tried opening up it didn't happen but THREE times it did this i could easily cruise over 100 i was doing mostly 100-130 today but did top her out a few time

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no one? I'm putting the bike away tomorrow and I'm gonna start looking into it I'm gonna check the transmission cause thats the only thing i can think of

·
Registered
945 Posts
Give it some time Bro.. Im sure someone will post up some help for you..

End of the season for u 2 ?? Winter sucks.. :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Give it some time Bro.. Im sure someone will post up some help for you..

End of the season for u 2 ?? Winter sucks.. :(
yeah i had a long day had to drive 3 hours for a court date from like 4 months ago just to have them tell me they sent it to the wrong courthouse so i gotta reschedule on the way home this happens and i got pulled over by two state troopers fml :BangHead::icon_porc:machinegu

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only thing thats happened this year to my bike i remembered while i was going to bed, my CCT clicked over (by itself i did not mess with it one bit) but I'm assuming that has nothing to do with it cause that was like a month ago..still any input is greatly appreciated I'm gonna try to get a vid of what happens while i bring my bike to storage today

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
My next thought is that the tires are either gone or need balancing. Another thought is that you're over reacting as I know that sometimes when I hit the upper, in whatever gear, if the wind is coming in different, bike sounds off, or feels off.

I suspect it's simple, like tires.

Like the rider above mentioned, might wanna wait to see if this prob is something someone dealt with and fixed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My next thought is that the tires are either gone or need balancing. Another thought is that you're over reacting as I know that sometimes when I hit the upper, in whatever gear, if the wind is coming in different, bike sounds off, or feels off.

I suspect it's simple, like tires.

Like the rider above mentioned, might wanna wait to see if this prob is something someone dealt with and fixed.
man i really hope I'm overreacting but I'm pretty sure something was wrong my back tired DOES need to be changed but i don't think it would cause what was happening it would make a clicking noise

·
Registered
945 Posts
the only thing thats happened this year to my bike i remembered while i was going to bed, my CCT clicked over (by itself i did not mess with it one bit) but I'm assuming that has nothing to do with it cause that was like a month ago..still any input is greatly appreciated I'm gonna try to get a vid of what happens while i bring my bike to storage today
A video would defiantly be helpful.. The more info the better..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So i have a video posted under pictures and vids but heres the link, i have no gotten to ride it since this morning i went to start it and it made this n noise in the video, I'm starting to wonder if its something to do with my cam cuz the auto tensioner clicked over about 1000 miles ago...still have no idea she's getting picked up friday and I'm gonna start taking it apart so far i checked stator and thats fine to my knowledge at least...all though I'm far from a expert...
anyways heres this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkfgs4ww42g

1 - 14 of 14 Posts