Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 ZX-10R TRACK ONLY bike

I have been trying different settings and I believe I have the Compression and damping where I want it, Now the question is Sag

I currently have 6 lines showing in the front and 10 thread lines showing in the back

I know this is not the best way to do this but I would appreciate it if someone who is close to my weight could chime in with what they have theirs set to

As is the bike feels great but I would like to better if I can

I weigh 195 without gear btw

I

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hmm, a backwards approach. Set the sag's first, then play with compression and damping. The sag #'s and your weight come into play during the same time to see how the springs are.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
+1 to getting the sag set most importantly. Your bike is undersprung for track use at your weight. You might be much happier with .95 or .975 springs in your forks. Respring the shock too. You'll gain a ton more feel, traction and confidence on the track and you won't bottom the forks on hard braking.

Edit: get a suspension pro to tune your bike at he nesxt trackday. They can tell you what needs to be done to the geometry as well. Gemoetry is the next most critical thing to sag IMHO.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
SuicideMachine said:
+1 to getting the sag set most importantly. Your bike is undersprung for track use at your weight. You might be much happier with .95 or .975 springs in your forks. Respring the shock too. You'll gain a ton more feel, traction and confidence on the track and you won't bottom the forks on hard braking.

Edit: get a suspension pro to tune your bike at he nesxt trackday. They can tell you what needs to be done to the geometry as well. Gemoetry is the next most critical thing to sag IMHO.
ok, yes, geometry of course will have to be involved to get the proper compression/rebound for the course you will be riding. T-clamps placement, rear height, tires used, etc.

Good point SuicideMachine

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuicideMachine said:
+1 You might be much happier with .95 or .975 springs in your forks. Respring the shock too. You'll gain a ton more feel, traction and confidence on the track and you won't bottom the forks on hard braking.
Can you please explain that in newbee english :)

The local track does not really cater to bikes that much so findind a Suspension Pro is a tall order, which is why I am trying to just copy someone close to my weight

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
216 Posts
For me I went to 4 lines showing two click in from stock on the compression rebound I went one out from stock. Also I tightened the rear shock compression but I can't remember how much maybe 3/4 - 1 turn in from stock.... It works well for me and the little track at NHIS 210lbs no gear.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
bkbroiler said:
Can you please explain that in newbee english :)

The local track does not really cater to bikes that much so findind a Suspension Pro is a tall order, which is why I am trying to just copy someone close to my weight

Thanks for the replies
another words the OEM fork & shock springs are not correct for your fully suited weight so Suicidemachine suggested a higher rate spring (which is correct) :wink:

Oh and setting the rider sag is #1 important before anything else.

BD

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
BTW, your tire pressure is dangerously off for Michelin Power Race tires. You want to go exactly 22lbs in the rear and 31 or 32 lbs in the front. Better yet, get some Dunlop Sportmax GP 209's in a 190/60 rear :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts