Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. My speedo on my 2005 Zx-10r keeps randomly jumping numbers. It started last night. I don't feel any loss of power or clutch slipping either. Bike has 27000 miles on it. Fully serviced, and starts fine, doesn't rough start at all. Not sure, someone mentioned maybe alternator? or speedo problem? I also have had a smaller front gear, but have had it on since august with no speedo problems. Help Please, THanks]

Brandon

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
It's the speedo sensor...I had the same problem not to long ago...Built the jumper and shot everything the troubleshooting tree called for...Checked all the voltages etc...The speedo sensor is the cheapest part. The other parts are the meter and the ECU...I think I spent $25 shipped from S. Africa via EBay...Good Luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I first saw that piece, almost look like it came loose or something, I just noticed it didn't look right, haha, hopefully I am thinking of the same piece. I will try that out. If anyone else has a different idea on what might be wrong please tell. THanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that pic was unecessary. Thanks on the ebay info, that sounds better than 80 from the factory.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Anytime...Of course make sure to check out the connections and wiring but that sensor should take care of your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts