Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 06 after market shock fit a 05

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
will a 06 after market shock fit a 05
After we talked before, I saw the post you posted in about the 06-07 Penske for sale, is this the aftermarket shock you are refering to? if so I am almost positve the Penske will work, it has the remote preload adjust so the left or right clearance of the shock body is not a issue. Also I know for a fact that Elkas are the same from 04-07.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Heya. Best bet for multi fitting is the Penske. Will fit all year models because of the remote resevoir, althuogh sometimes the hose length can be a bitch, and you may have to get it modified. In any case, if you're looking at grabbing a Penske from O/S or otherwise, it's best to grab one at a good price ($600 USD or so - but they can be found cheaper sometimes, depending on their history) and then get your local suspension shop to vavle/tune it etc to you. Note that depending on the year, different spring rates will apply.

Any shock you get, except those you buy brand new that are valved to suit you will have to go through this process anyway, otherwise you're just using a half measure.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok beauitful thanks guys

Futant you should of sold your shock to me

·
Registered
614 Posts
ok beauitful thanks guys

Futant you should of sold your shock to me
Nah, it went to a good home and back to my old suspension tuner, so all good. As above, just keep your eyes peeled for them on these forums and you'll come up trumps. You just have to wait for the right price etc, and someone willing to ship O/S. Shipping can be over $100 easy to get it over here though. Just one of those things ....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks mate ill keep my eyes peeled

1 - 6 of 6 Posts