Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

help with race bike tail section

Gen 3: 2008-10 
1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tlfreek 
#1 ·
hey guys I have a 2009 10 race bike that I purchased a few years ago. everything is fine with the bike but the tail section. I currently have attack body work but I am missing a part which is leaving the battery tray exposed under the bike. I've been red necking it using duct tape to make it look better (if you can call it that), but I'd like to dial this in so it looks better and provides better protection against wet weather.

Can anyone tell me the part that I am missing? I'll snap a pic and post it here for clarification.

thanks.

#5 · (Edited)
I have 2 attack tails and bought the ecu panel. it doesn't cover that hole it just supports the race ecu on the subframe. I used another battery tray oem an cut it to size and used fasteners to hold it.

I'm not gunna lie mine lined up much better but I have the sbk tails. That looks like a zx6 tail

#7 ·
thanks guys I do have the race ECU as well as a full Bazzaz setup - it looks like a spaghetti mess of wires in there. the ECU tray will help.

thanks for the comment on the 600 reference. I got two tails with the bike and they look different. one has one screw in the tail that attaches to the rear portion of the subframe (in the rear top) the other (the one shown) has two. they guy I bought it from raced both a 600 and 1000 kaw. He might have given me both by accident.

hmm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.