Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I noticed some odd tire wear after my trackday. I've seen it before and heard someone say it was a damping issue but i cant remember if it was too much/little or even comp/reb. if it matters at all, im 200lbs without gear.

anyhow, this is the right side of the tire as seen from the back. the bottom leg of that groove has the top edge curled up a bit.

any help or recommendations are appreciated, also while looking at the shock im not entirely sure which adjusters are for what.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, what does that mean??? i dont know much about suspensions!!!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The tire looks great so far :thumbsup:

The comp = top adjuster while rebound is @ the bottom.

BD

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That means I know just as much as you do and eager to wait for someone to come along to tell us your answer:headshake.
OOHH i thought it meant it was a stupid question... like you were waitin for me to get flamed.

nevermind!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Tyre looks fine to me to. They will get ripped up around the tread grooves. In my limited experience bad suspension settings usually result in tyres worn unevenly or scalloped. Common to get differential tyre wear between left and right sides, depending on rider and track

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shock is an Ohlins 3-way adjustable, not sure on actual model # and the tire is a Diablo Supercorsa.

·
Registered
236 Posts
looks good if the rest of the tire looks like that, looks to have
a very consistent wear across the tire.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys.
I noticed some odd tire wear after my trackday. I've seen it before and heard someone say it was a damping issue but i cant remember if it was too much/little or even comp/reb. if it matters at all, im 200lbs without gear.

anyhow, this is the right side of the tire as seen from the back. the bottom leg of that groove has the top edge curled up a bit.

any help or recommendations are appreciated, also while looking at the shock im not entirely sure which adjusters are for what.

The tire wear indicates slightly too much rebound damping (the bottom black ribbed adjuster under the spring)

Send me the model number off the shock,it is found on the top of the shock near the top mount and is in the format KAXXXX (just have to fill in the X's) and I will send you the owners manual in electronic format. Wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the tire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts