Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody......

Maybe Im a little off topic, but I need help finding a store in Florida that sells the AGV SP-4 and ECHO leathers. I have searched in the net but I cant find a store in Florida that actually have the suits in the store. I would like to go and fit them before buy and the only store I found in Florida that sells AGV only order from the warehouse,..they dont have them in store.So if you happen to know a store anywhere in Florida,and you can send me the store name/number/internet site, I would greatly apreciate it. Thanks for any help on this. :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Buy some of those ... they are awesome!!!

and...they sell in Florida!

Florida

* PURE ACCELERATION
10311 WOODBERRY RD,
SUITE 110, TAMPA, FL, 33619
PHONE: 813-741-1505
TOLL FREE: 888-905-BIKE
FAX: 813-600-5958
www.pureacceleration.com

* RENNSPORTS MOTORRAD
DAYTONA, FL
PHONE: 386-871-7545
http://www.rennsportmotorrad.com/

* RON TURNER CYCLES, INC
10315 BEACH BLVD,
JACKSONVILLE, FL, 32246
PHONE: 904-641-0066
FAX: 904-641-0086
http://www.ronturnercycles.com

* SPORT BIKE-XTREMES

JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA

PHONE: 904-710-5617

Sportbike-Xtremes.com

·
Registered
553 Posts
The AGV SP4 suit kinda sucks. I had Cycle Gear order one for me. I went in to try it on and thought it was a junky suit. The armor was alright but the pockets that it is placed in scratched the shit out of my arms, I guess it is the velcro flaps that are exposed. The collar is really rough and rubs on your neck. The leather seemed really stiff and on the lower end. I hated the suit.

Cycle Gear carries Frank Thomas suits that are much better in my opinion, plus they are on sale for $450. Look for the Strike 2 suit. They fit more towards an american build. The waist is a little bigger and the legs and butt area are bigger. If you have a muscular build it might not fit very well, because they seem to run kinda small around the chest. But if you have a few extra pounds around the middle it just might be the ticket.

I just got the FT leather pants and they are excellent.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys.....!

Thanks for the tips. I just bought the Frank Thomas 2 piece striker 2 suit. They fit just right and the looks is awesome. Its a pretty though leather and the pants are very comfortable. I was going for the 1 piece which also fitted great but I though later that the 2 piece its more usable for riding days that are not on the track. I tried to get the half of the 1 piece down and brace the arms on my waist but forget it. The leather is too thick to do that and the suit is heavy. I had seen Frank Thomas suits before in the UK superbike magazine but never though they were available is USA. My only gripe is that Cycle Gear doesnt sell the strike 2 titanium boots even as they have them in the store brochure. The store guys told me that they werent selling the boots and that posssibly wont bring them, so that sucks.Other thing is that FT makes you believe in the ad on the magazine that the striker 2 suit comes with an aerodinamic hump but in real life the hump only comes in the one piece, not the 2 piece. Overall is a great suit. I have a First Gear Mesh Jacket and believe or not I found the FT jaket temperatures cooler that the mesh gear while riding. Maybe is by the fact that mesh actually have no form and sticks to you while the hard leather keeps its form and keep its spaces vented more.Now Im looking for the FT striker titanium boots. I have check all over the net and at ebay to no luck . If anyone knows where I can get them please reply.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
535 Posts
RaZXiel said:
Thanks for the tips. I just bought the Frank Thomas 2 piece striker 2 suit. They fit just right and the looks is awesome. Its a pretty though leather and the pants are very comfortable. I was going for the 1 piece which also fitted great but I though later that the 2 piece its more usable for riding days that are not on the track. I tried to get the half of the 1 piece down and brace the arms on my waist but forget it. The leather is too thick to do that and the suit is heavy. I had seen Frank Thomas suits before in the UK superbike magazine but never though they were available is USA. My only gripe is that Cycle Gear doesnt sell the strike 2 titanium boots even as they have them in the store brochure. The store guys told me that they werent selling the boots and that posssibly wont bring them, so that sucks.Other thing is that FT makes you believe in the ad on the magazine that the striker 2 suit comes with an aerodinamic hump but in real life the hump only comes in the one piece, not the 2 piece. Overall is a great suit. I have a First Gear Mesh Jacket and believe or not I found the FT jaket temperatures cooler that the mesh gear while riding. Maybe is by the fact that mesh actually have no form and sticks to you while the hard leather keeps its form and keep its spaces vented more.Now Im looking for the FT striker titanium boots. I have check all over the net and at ebay to no luck . If anyone knows where I can get them please reply.:mrgreen:

Nice suit! Good job :)

-Nick

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
05Zixxer said:
I have a Frank Thomas suit that I want to get re-dyed... Does anyone know where I can send it?
In this month's motorcyclist- http://www.Gotroadrash.com the daughter of Cutsom Z leathers's owner.

I'm pretty sure Vanson will do it and Syed leathers Orlando probably would too.

Syed could be terrorists though- no shaking hands with the infidels when we were there years ago.

http://www.syedleathers.com/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts