Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help installing a full akra exhaust. First off, I want to get your opinions on how hard it is to install a full exhaust? Should I attempt it my self? I am somewhat mechanically inclined. Also should I be wary of anything when I am installing the system to prevent the bike from throwing any codes? Thanks. Alos does anyone have any step-by-step instructions. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I did my full exhaust on my 14 it was challanging but do able so I say go for it!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
you posted the same thing twice. I replied in the other thread, but again you should be able to do it easily and u should replace the gaskets but if you didn't already buy new ones you might as well reuse them. I have an exhaust leak which will be fixed in a week or so. I only recommend to have a needle nose pliers for the springs...all else should be a peice of cake. You'll enjoy the sound...I do!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Also is it necessary for me to replace it with new gaskets?
when you take yours off just be careful to pull the headers out straight and evenly and you should be able to re-use them..i reused mine and no leaks or anything!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Its easier to get to everything with the rad out of the way. Spend the 20 or 30 bucks and get new gaskets.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
you posted the same thing twice. I replied in the other thread, but again you should be able to do it easily and u should replace the gaskets but if you didn't already buy new ones you might as well reuse them. I have an exhaust leak which will be fixed in a week or so. I only recommend to have a needle nose pliers for the springs...all else should be a peice of cake. You'll enjoy the sound...I do!
Instead of needle nose try a heavy gauge clothes hanger and make a small 'V' at the end (bend with a vice grip) so that you can get it out of the spring after

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have average size hands and can install the system without removing any radiator brackets... Just do yourself a favorite and get a 12mm i think gear rachet with the bendable head. If this is your first time removing a stock exhaust then you can probably reuse the old gaskets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts