Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know it's not a 10 but still. =)

It's a 2001 zx6r, it was running fine the other day, so I take it out today and it rev's fine throughout the RPM's but once I jump on it, and ride, in 1st it will not go past 7k rpm's without bucking and bogging down, then when I shift into 2nd, it starts bucking even worst.

New plugs as of 2 weeks ago. Clean air filter, and I have emptied the tank and put new gas just to make sure.

Fuel pump? Fuel pump relay?

How do I test this thing? I'm not too familiar with this like I am with the 10.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I had one too, nice couches!!!

Usually this means (if everything eklse is done: spark, new fuel, all filters cleaned etc) it needs a carb cleaning, especially if it sits too long.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one too, nice couches!!!

Usually this means (if everything eklse is done: spark, new fuel, all filters cleaned etc) it needs a carb cleaning, especially if it sits too long.
Thanks Tasos, but it sat for 2 hours when I had to change the bulb on it. Someone told me that the carbs might be clogged or dirty. But if that was the case, it shouldn't be able to rev free and strong in neutral no?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
No, the carbs open and close, moving or not.
It's either that or electricity or fuel pump.
I had the same problem after before 7k it was not working ok.
Changed the carbs from ebay and got done with it.
Somebody messed up the carb pins..

You can connect the pump to a battery, i think they always work.
If you hear it then it's ok.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'll try the carb cleaning first, I tested the pump, it's working, so the carb clean is free....Work my way up from free =P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts