Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at replacing all of the screws that are silver with black ones (fairing, hugger, windscreen etc. Has anyone here done this? What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I have considered buying individual screws and also buying a kit. Any of your help will be appreciated.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
paint 'em. Ya, I'm a cheap fuggar!

Bicycle shops are a great resource for alum screws in all kinds of anodized colors.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm cheap myself...so I did paint them. It has started looking like sh!t. Taking the plastic off to clean and change the oil has started to wear the paint off. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
probolt.com but i dont think they are cheap or LP makes some I think...you ar elooking at $80 to do the whole bike, etc.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just a note from several mechanics.........NEVER use those crappy aluminum anodized bolts from LP on covers, only fairings and windshields.

I would like to do the same, I think I am going to get some of the black ones for the street, and blue looked pretty good with my green when I had the blue pm wheels, but don't have them for a 10r, so don't know about the green track stuff, but then again, won't really matter as those will all be covered with a small piece of tape.

Just my .02

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Man i've tried all the tricks as far as changin' bolt colors, spray, dip whatever. Theres only one way to do it and make it look like quality work. Get the real deals from pro-bolt or another reputable place. You'll love yourself later for it!!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
buying new screws cost money that can go towards other things, but if you dont have a choice you dont have a choice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts