Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have a gen 2 and removed the stabilizer, and top triple clamp, removed the clip ons and replaced w/ new clip ons. no dropping the front, dont even remember if i put it on a rear stand or kept it on the kick stand.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you don´t have a front stand

use a standard scissor jack from your car, and your rear stand. Place the bike on its rear stand, next place the scissor jack under the exhaust header pipe next raise the front wheel about 6ins off the down loosen the top triple tree and then the two 10MM bolts on the lower clamp. The only thing to watch out for is when you go to remove the clip on there is going to be a screw that hold the clip on in place (it a B to get to but youĺl be fine). Hope these helps

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
^^^^^^Why do all that? all he is chainging is the clip ons, all you have to remove is all the controls and the damper/top clamp, pretty strait foreward. You will have to get creative with some of the switch placement pins and reservoir bracket but other than that simple task.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
^^^^^^Why do all that? all he is chainging is the clip ons, all you have to remove is all the controls and the damper/top clamp, pretty strait foreward. You will have to get creative with some of the switch placement pins and reservoir bracket but other than that simple task.

Its fairly simple to slide the forks down with the proper stand IMO.

Good point about the reservoir bracket. I made my own "custom" bracket.:mrgreen: All the controls fit on my Vortex Clip ons just fine.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Its fairly simple to slide the forks down with the proper stand IMO.

Good point about the reservoir bracket. I made my own "custom" bracket.:mrgreen: All the controls fit on my Vortex Clip ons just fine.
What I am saying though is you don't need to even mess with the fork tubesto change the clip ons, leave them tightened in the bottom of the triple clamp, just pull the top plate on the clamp, the forks are not going anywhere with the bottom clamps still tight.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the bike currently on a front triple stand and on a rear stand. I have loosen the current clip ons the bike. I just can't get that silver bolt off the middle of the triple clamp.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Just drop the forks... I found that way to be easier for me. May be easier if you take the front fairing off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts