Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ,
I’m in the process to bolt on my supercharger to my gen 1 but I’d like to degree the cams to get the most out of the blower. It’s a Gen 1 with the Gen 3 intake kit cam and stock Gen 1 exhaust cam. Currently they are set at 110/103 which I didn’t like when compared to the Gen 1 kit cam dialed in at 107/104. The ecu is flashed to 14,200 and the motor is completely built so she should hold together. I was on the forum a lot years ago under Inginekilla but I lost my password so I opened a new account . Any insight will be greatly appreciated.... needless to say I’m really looking forward to getting my Gen1 back on the road since she has been sitting for 4 years waiting for me to bolt it all up , since then I have gotten 650cc injectors to support the fuel needed at 8ish psi. Thanks guys , I’ll post pics when it’s all said and done ?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
This is gonna be interesting, I'm not sure what numbers work with the stock G1 ex cam but I'm sure somebody will be along shortly. 14200 rpm ? Are you using the green valve springs all round, iv had good success using those on G3 race cams, and more aggressive profiles but i have never asked more than 14000 of them and I only use new springs on builds, those G1 springs are 14 years old now.....just a thought mate.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Depending on pistons and compression, dial the cranking compression to about 160-170 psi

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
no need to that far in rpm to get power...
I would go to 13800

I would ad bit overlap over stock in the cams.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I followed the spec for the H2, 170psi-ish, with 8.8:1 compression

Did a supercharged Busa, with Woosner 9:1 with 160psi and it ran great.

Had a friend running 13:1 and running a turbo, had 220psi, he spun 1 rod bearing twice before consulting with me about his issue. After the redegree, he ran the motor to a personal best at the strip(8.10s)

Its a delicate balance of power.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
The head was decked previously 25thou but I added a 80thou cosmetic HG
Adding a thicker head gasket because your head has been decked is the wrong way to go about it, especially on the boosted engine, you're making the squish clearance bigger, which will make the engine more likely to ping than the engine with higher static compression and tighter squish clearance.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
It'll be more resistant on that fuel, but why handicap it in the first place? Tighter PTH/quench improves power AND reduces octane requirement... it's really a win/win. Get that exhaust valve as close to the piston as you dare... good power to be had there from what I've seen and heard. Most piston builders/designers will bring that exhaust pocket up as far as possible, and sink the intake pocket as much as they can... both of those things promote good flow in their respective areas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well looks like I am building a new head once I am back from Germany next week, I was hoping to add the thicker HG and take the easier way out . Once the new head is done I’ll post some pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts