Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok I give u the full story. it was in a crash, i changed the oil and never ran it for like 2 months. Finally ran it tonight, it starts fine and runs better than ever (before it would die the second i touched throttle) now its fine with that, but this FI light flashes and red light flashes also oil light flashing. But I had the rear stand on, so took it off and oil light goes out. Then it runs out of fuel, total running time since start of day was probably only 2 minutes. I go get fuel fill it up and start it up, seems to be running perfectly other than no cans being on it. But the FI light wont budge? It just flashes, but bike seems to rev fine...

possible its sucked a bit of grit out of the bottom of the tank since i ran it dry? or do the pumps always suck from the dead bottom ?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
ok I give u the full story. it was in a crash, i changed the oil and never ran it for like 2 months. Finally ran it tonight, it starts fine and runs better than ever (before it would die the second i touched throttle) now its fine with that, but this FI light flashes and red light flashes also oil light flashing. But I had the rear stand on, so took it off and oil light goes out. Then it runs out of fuel, total running time since start of day was probably only 2 minutes. I go get fuel fill it up and start it up, seems to be running perfectly other than no cans being on it. But the FI light wont budge? It just flashes, but bike seems to rev fine...
Ok Therefore you have a fault somewhere on your engine.
a. Get hold of a manual and understand the flash code.
b. Take it to a dealer and let them sort it.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
by flash code im assuming u mean the order the red light flashes in?

thanks
Do you have a manual? U can download it off this forum.
You will need to read the flashes and that gives u a code. If memory serves me right. it starts with a long flash to give u the first digit and then followed by short flashes to give u the second digit. for example code 24. Flash as Long Long = 2 short short short short = 4.
You can double check this in manual.
Good luck and let us know what code u got.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ok,mine got e f1 light tat is nt flashing after being wash up by e car wash guys...they used pressured water n after done,i start to warm up but f1 did nt goes off..wats e symtoms of these...mine is 05....any help guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts