Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, did a search and come up with nothing so im throwin it out there..
Today i pulled my airbox apart to clean my K&N filter and found parts missing out of it that i know where there before it went in for its last service!
Now the parts that i found missing is called the intake silencer,silencer holder & screws..
The silencer holder is a piece of webbed plastic that has a piece of foam wedged in between it kind of like a mini airfilter setup..

Now the parts im talking about are in this diagram.. Part num:
*13280 13280-0272 HOLDER,SILENCER
*39162 39162-0006 SILENCER-INTAKE
*92009 92009-1499 SCREW,TAPPING,5

What i wana know is, is it safe to run without this silencer foam/filter setup? Or should i be organising another one?
All these parts combined cost $84 aud so i dont really wana let it slide..
Ill be giving them a phone call in the morning for a nice chat with the service manager!

Your thoughts would be apprieciated..

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I think other members have removed theirs to smooth out the air flow. If it was there before I would definitely want it back just because that is the principle of the matter. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
not to point fingers, but this is exactly why im weary of bike shops (or car shops for that matter). good luck

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I know that they are supposed to be in there from the manf.....so if they were there before the service then i'd definately like some answers from the dealer as to why they are missing now?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
useless or not, if that part came off my bike in their shop it sure as shit better go back on before it leaves.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Exactly as others said:thumbsup: I removed that setup from my bike when I first got it so you won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly as others said:thumbsup: I removed that setup from my bike when I first got it so you won't hurt anything.
No waz:thumbsup:
I ended up ringing the stealership asking for service manager, and had words with him.. He swore black and blue that they wouldnt of touched that part when they did my spark plugs..
I got a a little agressive with him and told him if they wernt prepared to replace it then they had lost any future dealings with me.. And he said yeah no problem..
I then rang my tuner and asked him if he hed removed it when dynoing the bike, and he said he thinks he might of !
Looks like i abused the wrong place :lol:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Once your air box is clamped around throttle bodys, you velocity stacks are screwed down, and you have a filter you are good to go....oh yeah make sure your air box is screwed together .....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts